2006: A YEAR OF HIGHS AND LOWS
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p3
Presents several news briefs as of October 7, 2002. Closure of petrochemicals companies along the Gulf Coast of Louisiana and Texas as a precautionary measure to Hurricane Lili; Observance of fall in share price of Schering-Plough Corp.; Investment of 200 billion Korean won by LG Petrochemical Ltd.
- Finances bloom. // Asian Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 461, p22
Assesses the petrochemical industry in Asia as of September 2004. Companies that posted an increase in net profit; Best performers on the stock market; Reason behind the failure of share prices to reflect the strength of the companies' earnings performance.
- SETI Hits Resistance. // Asia Weekly Financial Alert;12/2/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on a rally in Thailand's SET equity index during last week of November, 2002 in which 360 points resistance level was breached. Role of construction stocks in revival of the stock market; Factors the decline in the share prices of Thai Petrochemical Industry; Delay in the sale of...
- Global stock report. NIELSEN, KAROL // Chemical Week;1/6/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p48
Reports on global chemical stocks as of January 1999. Japanese firms with the share-price increases; Average increase of Asian chemical shares; Companies in the United States whose shares were flat; International stock performance.
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p26
Presents news and developments relevant to the petrochemical industry compiled as of February 2003. Petrochemical prices; Off-list prices for various chemicals; Implications for the chemical industry.
- Down they go. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/25/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 52, p9
Focuses on the expansion of petrochemical industry in the Middle East despite the global decline in commodity prices. Two schemes in an ethylene/polyethylene complex and a propylene plant in Alexandria, Egypt; Efforts of the National Petrochemical Co. of Iran to mobilize private domestic and...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/4/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the prices of petrochemicals as of November 4, 2002.
- petrochemicals/ In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/16/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 22, p18
Reports global developments in the petroleum chemicals industry as of December 2002. Decision to increase the price of vinyl acetate by Acetyls Millennium Chemicals; Increase in the selling price of Dow Chemical's oxygenated solvents; Implementation of a price hike by Eastman Chemical Co. for...
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/6/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p14
Reports on pricing developments in petrochemical industry, compiled as of January 2003. Increase in the selling price of Celanese Chemical's acetic acid, acetic anhydride and acetaldehyde; Pricing of butadiene, ethylene, paraformaldehyde, neopentyl glycol.