Asian PC takes its toll on contracts
- The Euro Challenge. Loeb, Edward R. // Gourmet Retailer;Sept2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the increase in the value of Euro against the U.S. dollar. It is noted that this increase will get the attention of the domestic U.S. producers of specialty products. The U.S. retailers and importers will confront the challenge of marketing more expensive imports. This...
- Forint shows slight improvement against euro. // Hungary A.M.;12/16/2013, p5
The article focuses on the currency trading of forint of Hungary which shows a minimal improvement against euro, dollar, and Swiss franc.
- Could Euro Beat Dollar in Fair Fight? Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p20
Examines the status of the euro against the U.S. dollar as of November 2002. Effect of fears about financing the massive U.S. current-account deficit on boosting the euro against the dollar; Impact of America's status as a debtor nation on hurting the dollar in an environment of heightened risk...
- The Dollar and Its Rival. FRANK, ELLEN // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr99, Issue 222, p8
Discusses the impact of the euro currency to the United States (US) dollar. Percentage of international bonds, bank accounts and foreign exchange reserves that are denominated in US dollars; Annual trade deficits run by the US; Significance of the launching of the Euro.
- Weak dollar, strong euro. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the factors that influenced the exchange rate between the Euro and the American dollar in the first half of 2002. Rally of the Euro attributed to factors that weaken the dollar.
- International pressures are taking center stage. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;10/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the competition between the euro and the American dollar. Problems with the divergence between the dollar and the euro; Solutions to the weakening dollar.
- The dollar and U.S. imports after 1985. Klitgaard, Thomas // Quarterly Review (01476580);Autumn93, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Investigates whether the dollar retains power to influence demand for foreign goods. Import increase from dollar reduction; Advantages in American markets of import demand resilience; Import behavior.
- Euro Trouble In 2008. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/11/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p1
The article analyzes the currency performance of the euro against the U.S. dollar as of February 11, 2008. Based on Claude Trichet's pronouncements, the author believes that a euro rate cut is in the pipeline. A dollar rebound is foreseen as euroland economic activity deteriorates and...
- The Euro Effect: Currency Clash Recasts Industry. Baran, Michelle // FN: Footwear News;3/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p1
Illustrates the impact of the increasing value of euro in the international footwear industry. Principal beneficiary of the strong euro against the U.S. dollar; Percentage decrease in the U.S. imports from Brazil for 2004; Explanation of Kevin Burke, president and CEO of American Apparel and...