MEG suffers as attention turns
- Ineos Narrows Site for U.S. EO and Derivatives Complex. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/5/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 30, p13
The article reports that Ineos has announced potential sites for its ethylene oxide (EO), ethylene glycol (EG) and derivatives manufacturing complex in the U.S.
- Global ethylene oxide market forecast to grow at CAGR of 4.5% from 2009 to 2020. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Sep2010, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p61
The article reports on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in the global demand for ethylene oxide (EO) and glycol (EG), which is projected by GBI Research from the year 2009 to 2020.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Develops Catalytic EG Process. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;6/12/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 24, p25
Reports on the catalytic process developed by Mitsubishi Chemical which converts ethylene oxide into ethylene glycol (EG) as of June 2002. EG selectivity content of the process; Company awarded by Mitsubishi Chemical for the exclusive licensing rights of the EG process; Expectation of the...
- Fast track to growth. LANDRESS, LEELA; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 15, p32
The article focuses on the ethylene oxide (EO) market as of April 23, 2012. It states that a combination of robust downstream demand and favorable costs for feedstock has resulted in strong growth for EO. It mentions that on April 1 polyester maker Indorama Ventures finished its buyout of the...
- ethylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/31/2015, Issue 3679, p2
The article offers information on ethylene oxide (EO) including its use to produce monoethylene glycol (MEG), used in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and antifreeze, EO derivatives such as ethoxylates and ethanolamines, and healthy U.S. demand in second quarter of 2015, driven by MEG sector.
- EO supply lengthens. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;6/23/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2058, p11
Looks at the market demand for ethylene oxide (EO) in Europe as of June 23, 2003. Influence of the market demand for monoethylene glycol (MEG); Statistics on market demand in China; Focus on EO and MEG prices.
- Ethylene Oxide Industry Enjoys A higher profitability in China In 2010-2011 report ResearchInChina. // Chemical Business;Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p72
The article discusses highlights of the report "China Ethylene Oxide (EO) Industry Report, 2010-2011," released by ResearchInChina. The report investigates the EO industry, as well as the downstream intensive processing fields. EO refers to an organic chemical material used in the production of...
- Poly(ethylene glycol)-modified Nanocarriers for Tumor-targeted and Intracellular Delivery. Lilian van Vlerken; Tushar Vyas; Mansoor Amiji // Pharmaceutical Research;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p1405
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The success of anti-cancer therapies largely depends on the ability of the therapeutics to reach their designated cellular and intracellular target sites, while minimizing accumulation and action at non-specific sites. Surface modification of nanoparticulate carriers...
- New Ethylene Glycol Synthesis Process. // China Chemical Reporter;1/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p13
The article reports that the development of the whole process from the synthesis of ethylene carbonate from ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide to the synthesis of ethylene glycol through methanol ester exchange and the co-production of dimethyl carbonate, has been completed at the Lanzhou...