Jacobs takes European double
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;5/11/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p15
Presents an update on new construction projects in the chemical industry as of May 11, 2005. Terms of the contract awarded by Saudi Formaldehyde Chemical to Haldor Topsoe for a formaldehyde facility in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia; Decision of Borealis to extend its engineering contract with Jacobs...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;11/24/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2078, p29
Presents news briefs related to construction projects in the chemical industry of Europe as of November 24, 2003. Termination of the plans of Brazilian polypropylene (PP) producer Polibrasil to double its PP capacity in CamaÃ§ari, Bahia; Procurement contract awarded to Jacobs Engineering;...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;6/18/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 22, p20
Provides updates on the chemical industry in Europe and Middle East, as of June 2003. Details of the contract awarded by Borealis to Jacobs Engineering; Approval on the acquisition of Scientific Design; Information on the automobile accident repair business of Akzo Nobel.
- Polymer Makers Post Strong Results. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/28/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 9, p6
Reports the sales increase posted by European polymer producers in the last quarter of 1999. Details on the sales reported by DSM company; Total sales increase of Borealis company; Sales condition of EVC International company.
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 65, p9
This section offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Celanese subsidiary Ticona plans to build a Celstran long-fibre-reinforced thermoplastic facility in Nanjing, China. Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co. has awarded a contract to China's Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Corp. to build...
- Borealies to Build PE Plant, Add PP Capacity in Austria. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/2/2003-7/9/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the plan of Borealis to build a Borstar bimodal-process polypropylene plant in Schwechat, Austria as of July 2003. Expansion of olefiins at Schwechat by OMV; Business target of Borealis; Production capacity of the plant.
- 1999 Outlook Remains Bleak For Chemicals. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p8
Reports that the European chemical manufacturers show little hope for improvement in profitability in 1999 after reporting poor results in the first quarter of the year. Decline in operating profit of Borealis, Europe's largest polyolefins producer; Business of DSM company that reported...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p19
Presents an update on construction projects of chemical companies as of May 14, 2003. Contract awarded by Dow Chemical to Jacobs Engineering; Construction of a low-density polyethylene plant by Sasol in South Africa; Commercial bids for Sabic company's butene-1-complex at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Jacobs awarded EPCM contract for Borealis XLPE expansion. // Chemical Week;6/23/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 17, p19
The article reports that the chemical industry firm Borealis has awarded the firm Jacobs Engineering the contract for managing the construction project of expanding cross-linked polyethylene at its manufacturing facility in Stenungsund, Sweden.