Iran retenders for titanium dioxide
- Huntsman to buy Rockwood's pigments, additives businesses. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p7
This article discusses the plan of chemical company Huntsman to acquire chemical producer Rockwood's titanium dioxide pigments business. It is noted that Huntsman intends to consolidate Rockwood's titanium dioxide and pigments businesses with its own businesses in the same areas. The impact of...
- Global titanium dioxide industry witnessed fluctuating fortunes in 2011. // Paintindia;Jul2012, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p132
The article focuses on the third edition of the TiO2 Pigment Annual Review by TZ Minerals International which summarized the state of the global titanium dioxide pigment industry in 2011.
- TIO[sub2] Outlook Remains Mixed and Hinges Largely on Economy. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p8
Reports on factors affecting the titanium dioxide (TiO[sub2]) market in Europe. Reason why prices for TiO[sub2] in Europe is significantly higher; Main issue facing the TiO[sub2] industry; Reason for the decline in domestic pricing; Value of the product's selling prices to the market;...
- TiO[sub2] yet to recover. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p12
Discusses the trend in market demand for titanium dioxide in Europe as of March 17, 2003. Business forecasting of AME Mineral Economics.
- TiO[sub2] Continues to Rebound Globally. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the market performance of titanium dioxide as of April 2002. Implementation of the price increases announced in the first quarter; Increase in the demand for titanium dioxide in several countries; Status of European inventories and operating rates for the chemical.
- TITANIUM MINERALS PRODUCERS FACE BURGEONING. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May2002, Vol. 203 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the projected growth in the production of titanium minerals for sale to the titanium dioxide pigment industry through 2006, according to a study conducted by AME Mineral Economics. Swing in negotiating power away from titanium miners to pigment manufacturers; Projected growth in...
- Balancing Act. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p36
Presents an outlook for global demand of titanium dioxide pigments in 2001. Suppliers' efforts to manage operating rates; Pursuit of incremental increases in capacity; Price increases for a range of key coatings raw materials.
- Kemira Evaluates Sale of its TiO2 and Sodium Percarbonate Business. // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p5
The article reports that Kemira is evaluating plans for its pigments and Chemidet businesses. The pigments business produces titanium dioxide at Pori, Finland, operates a technology center in Germany and owns TRI-K Industries, a cosmetics ingredient supplier. Those businesses are part of the...
- Tracking the Trendline. Maty, Joe // Paint & Coatings Industry;Sep2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p134
Focuses on issues concerning the titanium dioxide (TiO[sub 2]) industry. Key pricing developments in the TiO[sub 2] market; Reasons for the price-hike moves; Views of Jim Fisher, president and chief executive officer of IBMA Inc. on the price outlook of TiO[sub 2].