Elverding puts faith in the vision thing
- Growth Opportunities, Earnings Permanence and the Valuation of Free Cash Flow. Habib, Ahsan // Australasian Accounting Business & Finance Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p101
This paper examines empirically the effect of firm growth opportunities and earnings quality on the market valuation of free cash flow, defined as the difference between operating cash flows and capital expenditures. Equity valuation theory prescribes that free cash flow should not be associated...
- Who will be the next buyout? Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p14
The article reflects on the Comeback of Leveraged Buyouts-LBOs, which is poised to flood over the chemical industry, low valuations, high cashflows and a healthy financing results in buyout offers. It stated that Lyondell Chemical, Nova Chemicals, Celanese and Olin are the most attractive to the...
- DSM explores investing in China's Sichuan Province. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;6/9/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 16, p19
The article reports on a memorandum of cooperation signed by DSM Chemicals to explore opportunities in agriculture, solar energy and new materials in Sichuan Province, China and mentions topics including economic advantages of Sichuan and an animal nutrition premix plant operated by DSM in Sichuan.
- The Future of Cash Forecasting. Gundavelli, Veena // Business Credit;Mar2002, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on cash forecasting. Significance of cash flow in working capital management; Inclusions of cash forecasting capabilities; Role of customer relationship management on accurate cash forecasting management.
- Cash Flow and Capital Spending: Evidence from Capital Expenditure Announcements. Vogt, Stephen C. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer97, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p44
Analyzes the role that cash flow plays in explaining both capital-spending decisions and the price response to announcements of those decisions. Background information that motivates subsequent empirical tests; Discussion of the data used in the tests; Discussion of the results; Conclusion and...
- Market Response to Product-Strategy and Capital-Expenditure Announcements in Singapore: Investment Opportunities and Free Cash Flow. Chen, Sheng-Syan; Kim Wai Ho // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p82
Examines the importance of investment opportunities and free cash flow in explaining the market response to announcements of product strategies and capital expenditures. Sample distribution and announcement-period abnormal returns; Important consideration in assessing the value-enhancing...
- Maximising Cash Flow Without Suffocating Business--Part 2. Clapson, Richard // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Part II. Details how companies can maximize their cash flow. Importance of cash flow; Illustrative examples; Issue on capital expenditure.
- Coping With Hypergrowth. Horton, Thomas R. // Management Review;Nov89, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p5
Offers advice on how to cope with corporate growth. Risk of cash flow; Problem of finding the right employees; Need for effective information flow.
- The capital investment decision--how to make it. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1988, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p40
The article introduces articles related to capital investment decisions and the discounted cash flow method.