INDUSTRY CHEERS EASING OF GULF DRILLING BAN
- The pressure's on as recess ends. Kamalick, Joe; Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p16
The article reports on several energy bills passed by the U.S. Congress which could bring changes in the chemical sector of the country. The Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act was passed by the U.S. Senate which authorizes the opening of a small part of the eastern U.S. Gulf to oil and gas...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p17
The article offers news briefs related to the global petrochemical industry including one about Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co. that has started test production at its new 1.5m tonne/year cracker, another about Iran's Kharg Petrochemical Co. (KPC) that has closed its 660,000 tonne/year natural...
- Time for US-Mexico Transboundary Agreement. Brown, Neil; Meacham, Carl // Hill;6/6/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 67, p16
The article offers information on the U.S.-Mexico Transboundary Agreement (TBA), which if approved by the Congress would enable oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Ebb & Flow. // Earth Island Journal;Winter2001-2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p2
Presents news briefs around the world as of the winter 2001. Legislation introduced in the United States (U.S.) Congress to create a cabinet-level Department of Peace; Leading causes of land loss or transformation in the U.S.; Justification made by Japan's fisheries on the killing of minke...
- Honorable Peter DeFazio. // Congressional Digest;Sep2008, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p210
Excerpts are presented of remarks made by U.S. Representative Peter DeFazio during floor debate on legislation on petroleum prospecting on federal lands.
- Honorable Steve Pearce. // Congressional Digest;Sep2008, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p211
Excerpts are presented from remarks made by U.S. Representative Steve Pearce during floor debate on legislation on petroleum prospecting.
- Honorable Lois Capps. // Congressional Digest;Sep2008, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p214
Excerpts are presented of remarks made by U.S. Representative Lois Capps during floor debate on petroleum prospecting legislation.
- Honorable John Duncan. // Congressional Digest;Sep2008, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p219
Excerpts are presented of remarks by U.S. Representative John Duncan during floor debate on petroleum prospecting legislation.
- Roll Call House Bans Drilling Off California Coast. // Human Events;7/29/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 28, p19
Reports on the approval of an amendment by the U.S. House of Representatives to prohibit oil drilling on leases off the California coast. Sponsors of the amendment; Opponents of the bill.