DuPont cuts jobs to grow seeds business investment
- Private Firms and Commodities. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;4/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the dilemma faced by ICI company after the sale of the chemical Tioxide to E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. Concerns of analysts on sale plans; Advantage of a private firm in the commodity chemical business; Why companies that continue to remain in public and focus on commodity products...
- DuPont sells fibers unit, trims Teflon jobs. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/24/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p25
DuPont Co. has agreed to sell its Invista fibers business to Koch Industries Inc. for $4.4 billion in cash. In an unrelated move, DuPont also is cutting 150 jobs from its Teflon-brand fluoropolymer plant in Parkersburg, West Virginia, through transfers and retirement. In February 2002, DuPont...
- DuPont Launches $900 Million Global Restructuring Program. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;12/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 20, p1
Announces the plan of DuPont to embark on a multimillion global restructuring program in 2004. Plans for job cuts and product line consolidation; Aim to remain competitive in the chemical industry; Response of investors to restructuring announcements.
- Newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;7/7/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 26, p9
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry in the United States in 1999. Jobs to be cut by the DuPont company on its six plants; Sale of the laminates business of AlliedSignal to Rutgers and acquisition of Johnson Matthey's electronic materials unit.
- DuPont Could Hit Road Block in DTI Separation. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the plan of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. to sell its DuPont Textiles & Interiors (DTI) subsidiary to a third party in the U.S. Extension of the company's tender to acquire 24 percent of DuPont Canada it does not already own; Implications of the acquisition deal for the potential...
- News Capsule. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/13/99, Vol. 256 Issue 24, p5
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry as of December 13, 1999. Hercules Inc. to phase out its production and sales of nitrocellulose; Amvac Chemical to buy DuPont's Fortress insecticide business; Preliminary approval of the United States Federal Trade Commission to the proposed merger...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;2/4/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p7
This section offers news briefs concerning business and finance in the chemical industry. Honeywell says it will work on developing materials to prevent short circuits in flexible displays, organic light-emitting diodes, and flexible photovoltaics for devices used by the U.S. military. DuPont...
- ...and reduces price of Invista. Becham, Will // European Chemical News;4/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2096, p9
Reports on the decision of DuPont to reduce the sale price of its Invista fibre and intermediates business to Koch Industries. Price of the company; Views of analysts on the decision.
- Huntsman to Buy DuPont Unit. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p8
The article reports that Huntsman has agreed to acquire the nonwovens portion of DuPont's Zonyl surface coatings business for an undisclosed amount. Under terms of the deal, DuPont will continue to manufacture the fluorochemical product line, and Huntsman will market and sell the products. The...