CHINA AND INDIA GRAB LION'S SHARE OF R&D
- Chemical Valuations Lofty Following Year-Long Rally. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;3/8/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the valuation of chemical stock prices in the U.S. in 2004. Effect of the positive economic environment on chemical stocks; Rise in the value of small- and medium-capitalized stocks; Advantages of investing the chemical stocks during the year.
- PLASTIC RESINS INDUSTRY UNDER PRESSURE. Soh Hui, Cheok; Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p13
The article reports that China's runaway economic growth has fueled an appetite for plastics, as demand rises for anything from soft drinks bottles to car dashboards and computer parts. According to a report by information-gathering company Primary Impact, China consumed 3.8m tonnes of resins in...
- Scotland: A World-Class Leader in Product Development and Chemical Innovations. // Chemical Week;7/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 27, ps13
Provides information on the chemical industry of Scotland. Market performance of the industry in the country; Discussion on investment opportunities in the country; Economic development program of Scottish Enterprise, a national economic development agency in the country.
- China growth in doubt. RICHARDSON, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the economic growth in the chemical industry of China. It states that decline in chemical margins resulted in the reduction of it's demand and thus led to a kind of uncertainty in the global economic growth prospects. It concludes that reduction of new investments in real...
- Ripe for investment. Richardson, John // European Chemical News;4/26/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2097, Special Section p4
Discusses the latest developments in the petrochemical industry in Iran as of 2004. Information on Tehran and its citizens; Role of Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Act (Fippa) in the economic liberalization of Iran; Important elements of Fippa.
- Southeast Asia Lures More Projects. RAMESH, DEEPTH // Chemical Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p27
The article reports on the increase of petrochemical investments in Southeast Asia, due to economic and infrastructure growth, competitive marketing costs and its proximity to China and other emerging markets in July 2011. It is stated that Singapore is already chemically established, while...
- Singapore: Back on Track. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/9/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p19
Presents information on the expansion of the Jurong Island project developed by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) to promote Jurong Island as an investment location. Estimated number of chemical and related companies operating in Jurong Island; Establishment of the Chemical Industry...
- Chinese Chemical Industry now have decisive role in world. Venkataraman, Swaminathan // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2015, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p21
The article discusses the decisive role of the chemical industry in China in influencing the global economic trends. It is noted that the country has welcomed investments and technology from developed countries, enabling the industries to be in increasing its pace of growth in multiple...
- Global Outlook. Westervelt, Robert; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p17
Forecasts the growth of the chemical industry in 2005. Estimated increase in the revenue of the industry in North America; Projected economic growth of the industry; Expected increase in capital spending.