OECD urges China to rethink its M&A rules
- Recent flurry of deal making in the chemical industry. // Chemical Business;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on developments in merger and acquisition activity in the chemical industry. Factors behind the growth in the number of merger deals; Effect of mergers on the focus of the chemical industry; Information on recent mergers deals in the industry in Europe, as of April 2002.
- Unrelenting chemicals M&A reconfigures the industry. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on various dealmaking strategies that have increased merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the chemicals industry in the United States. Efforts of chemicals companies to increase the rate of restructuring; Goal of companies to use to expand and revamp troubled businesses;...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p33
Provides data on merger and acquisition activities in the chemical industry during the third-quarter of 1998.
- Impact on India of consolidation in the global petrochemical industry. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the impact of consolidation in the worldwide petrochemical industry on India. Motivation for consolidation; Overview of major consolidation activity worldwide; Benefits of the strategy; Description of the Indian scenario.
- M&A activity to continue in 1998 despite expected economic... // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p5
Reports that mergers and acquisition activity will continue for North America and Europe. Expected mergers in chemical industry in 1998; Expected US economic downturn in 1998.
- Mergers and acquisitions. // Chemical Business;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
Provides information on the merger and acquisition activities of the chemical industry.
- A new landscape. HUNTER, DAVID // Chemical Week;1/6/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the impact of ongoing consolidation and rationalization in the chemical industry. Two factors driving the transformation; Scope of change in the industry.
- Business Combinations: Fine and Specialty Chemicals. Falter, Wolfgang // Chemical Market Reporter;6/11/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 24, p20
Discusses the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in the specialty chemical and fine chemical industries. Factors contributing to M&A transactions; Significance of the size of a company to its revenue; Key elements needed for the success of larger companies with business combinations.
- Feeding Frenzy. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the 1999 mergers and acquisitions in the chemicals industry. Amount of chemical-related deals that have announced values; Total number of deals; Companies that merged; Views on the mergers.