BASF makes more cuts
- BASF to cut 500 jobs worldwide. // Paintindia;May2013, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p138
The article reports on the decision by the chemical company BASF to reduce 500 jobs from its plastic additives and pigments divisions worldwide.
- Extended mass layoffs, 2006. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar2007, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p2
The article provides information on extended mass layoffs in the U.S. in 2006. For all of 2006, employers reported 4,689 extended mass layoff actions, affecting 894,739 workers. Compared with 2005, the number of events was down from 4,881, but the number of separations was up from 884,661....
- Marghera staff face Christmas lay-off. Coiro, Giovanni // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p11
The article deals with the layoff at Dow Chemical. The company could make 180 workers at its Porto Marghera complex in Italy redundant before the Christmas holidays, an Italian trade union source said last week. The company was likely to go ahead with the job cuts if the Italian authorities...
- BASF to close plant in restructuring. // European Chemical News;12/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2079, p9
Reports on the decision of BASF to close its Styronal styrene butadiene plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany, cut a number of jobs in Europe and reduce dispersions production for carpet backing binders as part of a bid to improve the performance of its paper chemicals unit.
- The World This Week. Watts, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p49
The article reports on the plan of BASF to close its adiponitrile (ADN) plant at Seal Sands in Great Britain in 2009. Thirty employees will be affected by the closure, while BASF added it would evaluate the impact on service providers that supported the plant. ADN is used as feedstock to produce...
- BASF agrees job-cuts deal with works council...as
industry, unions unite over bargaining. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2126, p8
Reports on the agreement between the management and employee representatives of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG (BASF) to cut jobs by the end of 2007. Percentage of the total employed to be reduced; Amount that BASF will invest in facilities at Ludwigshafen, Germany, through 2009 in exchange...
- Surviving the Ups & Downs of corporate restructuring. Kamberg, Mary-Lane // Women in Business;May/Jun2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p14
Suggests ways on how to deal with corporate restructuring. Experiences of some women who survived corporate restructuring; Factors to anticipate corporate change; Importance of flexibility in the workplace; Traditional coping skills of most laid-off employees.
- Extended mass layoffs in second quarter. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Focuses on extended mass layoff actions taken by employers in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2002. Number of extended mass layoff events per quarter from 2000 to 2002; Portion of private sector layoffs accounted by the manufacturing industry; Characteristics of extended mass layoffs.
- More layoffs in West, more laid off in Midwest in July. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Provides information on mass layoff events in the U.S. in July 2002. Regions with high number of mass layoffs; Overview of regional comparison of mass layoff events in the country in July 2001 and July 2002.