Marghera staff face Christmas lay-off
- Dow to close two more latex sites in N America. // European Rubber Journal;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 190 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the decision of Dow Chemical Co. to close its latex plants in California and Quebec by the end of 2008. The company cited the reduction in demand coupled with extreme energy and production costs are the main factors behind its plan to close plants. It announced that plant...
- BASF makes more cuts. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p11
The article deals with the layoffs at BASF. The company has reached an agreement with employee representatives at Minden, Germany, to eliminate 130 jobs at the pharmaceutical intermediates site by July 2007. The company's original plans foresaw the loss of 200 jobs, following 95 cuts in 2005.
- Extended mass layoffs, 2006. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar2007, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p2
The article provides information on extended mass layoffs in the U.S. in 2006. For all of 2006, employers reported 4,689 extended mass layoff actions, affecting 894,739 workers. Compared with 2005, the number of events was down from 4,881, but the number of separations was up from 884,661....
- Surviving the Ups & Downs of corporate restructuring. Kamberg, Mary-Lane // Women in Business;May/Jun2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p14
Suggests ways on how to deal with corporate restructuring. Experiences of some women who survived corporate restructuring; Factors to anticipate corporate change; Importance of flexibility in the workplace; Traditional coping skills of most laid-off employees.
- Extended mass layoffs in second quarter. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Focuses on extended mass layoff actions taken by employers in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2002. Number of extended mass layoff events per quarter from 2000 to 2002; Portion of private sector layoffs accounted by the manufacturing industry; Characteristics of extended mass layoffs.
- Layoffs looming in mid-Hudson. Kahn, Kathy // Westchester County Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on the prevailing layoffs of two local offices of national companies which are scheduled to lay off a total of 167 employees in Hudson, New York.
- HOT STUFF. Hunter, Debra // Atlanta;Oct2003, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p40
A time of layoffs and cutbacks may lead people to downsize dreams of buying things that coveted in-town townhouse. For now people can hold on to smaller things right in the little-bitty palm of their hand.
- Mass Layoffs And Confidence. Taber, George M. // njbiz;8/18/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p14
Editorial. Focuses on mass layoffs in the U.S. Number of workers fired in 2002; Number of employees dismissed in New Jersey; Measures taken by New Jersey to address the problem.
- More layoffs in West, more laid off in Midwest in July. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Provides information on mass layoff events in the U.S. in July 2002. Regions with high number of mass layoffs; Overview of regional comparison of mass layoff events in the country in July 2001 and July 2002.