Unipetrol swallows Chemopetrol arm
- PKN Agrees to Buy Unipetrol; Eyes MOL Collaboration. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the agreement of PKN Orlen to buy the Czech government's stake in refinery and petrochemical firm Unipetrol. Value of the deal; Consolidated profit posted by Unipetrol in 2003; Assets of Unipetrol; Significance of the acquisition to PKN.
- Cepsa Merges Petrochemical Businesses. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/23/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p11
The article reports that refining company Cepsa of Madrid, Spain has approved plans to merge its three petrochemical manufacturing subsidiaries, Ertisa, Interquisa, and Petresa, to create a single entity, Cepsa QuÃmica. Ertisa, Interquisa, Petresa, and Petrocepsa generated combined 2007 sales...
- EUROPEAN CHEMICAL NEWS 20 YEARS AGO. // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p10
Reports on the planned merger of the petrochemical subsidiaries Alcudia, Calatrava and Paular of EMP in Spain in 1985. Decision of the Instituto Nacional de Hydrocarburos on the merger; Expected annual turnover of the merger; Implications of the merger for the Spanish petrochemical industry.
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p7
The article offers news briefs involving the petrochemical industry, including the acquisition of Unipetrol by Polish refiner PKN Orlen, the expected growth of chemical and polymer sales driven by the automotive industry's growing demand for greater fuel efficiency and the initiation of a...
- Czech Government to Review Possible Sale of Unipetrol Stake. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p6
Reports on reviewing of the possible sale of Unipetrol, the Czech refining and petrochemicals group. Reason for delay in sale of Unipetrol; Participation of Orlen in the privatization of the refinery.
- Unipetrol Merges Companies; Revamps Plants, Eyes Acquisitions. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p15
The article reports that Unipetrol has completed the merger of its Unipetrol RafinÃ©rie and Chemopetrol petrochemical subsidiaries to form a limited liability company named Unipetrol RPA. Unipetrol RPA was registered on August 1, 2007 but is functioning retroactively from January 1, 2007,...
- Europe's eastern promise. Fincziczki, Bela // European Chemical News;Sep2003 Supplement, p27
Discusses the possible impact of the accession of central and east European (CEE) countries to the European Union (EU) in 2004 on the competitiveness of small and mid-sized companies in eastern Europe. Threats to the progress of CEE chemical producers in the EU; Developments made by...
- Japan consolidated. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the chemical industry of Japan is preparing the major consolidation of its petrochemical facilities to boost competitiveness on the global stage.
- Impact on India of consolidation in the global petrochemical industry. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the impact of consolidation in the worldwide petrochemical industry on India. Motivation for consolidation; Overview of major consolidation activity worldwide; Benefits of the strategy; Description of the Indian scenario.