Celanese sells oxo units to Advent
- Celanese to Sell Oxos; Sets Business Realignment. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/20/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p8
The article reports that chemical firm Celanese AG has agreed to sell its oxo produces and derivatives businesses to Boston, Massachusetts-based private equity firm Advent International $630 million under a realignment of its business and regional structures. Celanese says the moves lay the...
- ICI to buy Celanese unit for $25.5 MM. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p11
Reports that ICI Chemicals and Polymers Ltd. has agreed to acquire Celanese AG's emulsion powders business. Value of the transaction; Benefits of ICI from the deal; Financial performance of the business unit.
- Celanese Is Target of Rumored Takeover Bid. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on the possible takeover bid by a financial investor for Celanese Corp. in the U.S.
- news In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p4
Reports global developments in chemical industry as of December 9, 2002. Sale of Bayers AG's rubber additives subsidiary Rhein Chemie to Advent International; Formation of Wilhelm E.H. Biesterfeld GmbH & Co. KG and Brenntag GmbH of 50-50 joint venture; Acquisition of Great Lakes Chemical Corp....
- Lagardere's sports push persists with agency buy. Leffler, Rebecca; Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/21/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 6, p44
The article reports that Lagardere SCA has announced to purchase top European sports agency Sportfive for an enterprise value of $1.1 billion. The acquisition continues Lagardere's expansion into the sports industry. Sportfive was put up for sale by its principal shareholders RTL Group SA,...
- Euro in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/6/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Celanese has completed its acquisition of Clariant's European emulsions business and its global emulsion powders operation.
- Celanese to Buy AP's PVOH Biz For $326 MM. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;09/11/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the decision of Air Products and Chemicals Inc. to sell its polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) business to Celanese AG. Financial condition and brief history of the business; Details on the polyvinyl alcohol product manufactured by Air Products company; Sales performance of Celanese company...
- Celanese completes oxos, derivatives sale. Barry, David // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/5/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p7
This article announces that Celanese has completed the sale of its oxo products and derivatives business to Advent International for â‚¬480 million, or $362 million. Advent's new business unit, Oxea Group, said the existing product line remained intact as it took over existing contracts and...
- Celanese sells oxo derivatives to Advent. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p4
The article talks about the selling of Celanese's oxo derivatives businesses to Advent International for â‚¬480 million. European Oxo (EOXO), a joint venture between Celanese and Degussa is included in the divestiture. Celanese will transfer all of the EOXO business to Advent International...