FDIC Chief of Insurance Is Crisis-Tested
- FDIC Seeks More Precise Measure of Big-Bank Risk. Adler, Joe // American Banker;11/30/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 183, p1
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) is looking to change their formula for calculating risk-based premiums for large banks. The author mentions that a bank's level of concentration of high-risk assets and their ratio of core to total funding will be included in...
- FDIC veteran to head new insurance division. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;11/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 219, p4
Reports on the appointment of Arthur J. Murton, as head of an insurance division of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC). Prioritization of what went wrong with FDIC during the early 1990s; Career background; Plans of Murton for the division; Contributions to FDIC.
- FDIC Is Seeking More Flexibility on Reserve Cap. Adler, Joe // American Banker;3/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 54, p2
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) would like to see changes in the law governing its Deposit Insurance Fund, which requires it to rebate any extra funds to banks. Arthur Murton, the agency's director of insurance and research, is said to have pointed out that...
- The Triumphant Tortoise. Casey, Diane M. // Community Banker;Jun2001, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the legislative bill to reform deposit insurance by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) in Washington D.C. Improvement on the deposit insurance; Contents of the comprehensive reform; Proposal to passed a legislation on the problems of FDIC.
- MINNESOTA. // North Western Financial Review;7/1/2012, Vol. 197 Issue 13, p18
The article lists financial institutions insured by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) in Minnesota as of December 31, 2011 including First Southeast Bank, The Pioneer National Bank of Duluth, and Security State Bank of Aitkin.
- Bank Insurance Fund is Back in The Black. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;4/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 70, p5
Reports on the announcement of the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. on the improvement of the Bank Insurance Fund's comprehensive income-net income plus unrealized gains or losses on securities available for sale in 2000. Factors contributing to the improved performance of the...
- Reinsurance for FDIC Raises Eyebrows . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/8/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p1
Details the recommendation of the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., regarding reinsurance of bank and thrift funds. Information on the price risk-based premiums of the agency; Evaluation of the level of reserves in deposit insurance funds; Provision of free-market perspective on...
- Bank fund hit all-time high of $19B in 3rd quarter. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;11/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 224, p1
Reports that the Bank Insurance Fund has reached an all-time high in the third quarter of 1994. Possible reduction of insurance premiums in 1995.
- It's time for U.S. depository institutions to shed their stifling security blanket. Perry, Raymond J. // American Banker;1/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p21
Opinion. Discusses the dropping of Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s insurance by thrift institutions. Value of federal insurance to bank customers; Decrease in share of consumer savings since 1983; Commercial lending by large companies; Increase in cost of insurance; Costs of regulation;...