FDIC Chief of Insurance Is Crisis-Tested
- FDIC Seeks More Precise Measure of Big-Bank Risk. Adler, Joe // American Banker;11/30/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 183, p1
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) is looking to change their formula for calculating risk-based premiums for large banks. The author mentions that a bank's level of concentration of high-risk assets and their ratio of core to total funding will be included in...
- FDIC veteran to head new insurance division. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;11/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 219, p4
Reports on the appointment of Arthur J. Murton, as head of an insurance division of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC). Prioritization of what went wrong with FDIC during the early 1990s; Career background; Plans of Murton for the division; Contributions to FDIC.
- The Triumphant Tortoise. Casey, Diane M. // Community Banker;Jun2001, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the legislative bill to reform deposit insurance by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) in Washington D.C. Improvement on the deposit insurance; Contents of the comprehensive reform; Proposal to passed a legislation on the problems of FDIC.
- FDIC Is Seeking More Flexibility on Reserve Cap. Adler, Joe // American Banker;3/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 54, p2
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) would like to see changes in the law governing its Deposit Insurance Fund, which requires it to rebate any extra funds to banks. Arthur Murton, the agency's director of insurance and research, is said to have pointed out that...
- New kids' free ride rankles established bankers. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/04/2000, Issue 322664, p1
Analyzes the recommendations of the options paper released by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. concerning potential reforms for the insurance fund. Proposal to double coverage levels per depositor; Examination of start-up competitor banks' alleged free ride into the fund;...
- Is the FDIC fibbing about bank losses? Cintron, Hiram // Caribbean Business;8/26/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the accumulation of Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) funds. Failure to use the $30 billion credit line of tax funds approved by Congress in 1991; Earnings by the bank industry in 1992; Government's alleged overestimation of potential losses from bank failures; Unaudited figures...
- Reinsurance for FDIC Raises Eyebrows . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/8/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p1
Details the recommendation of the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., regarding reinsurance of bank and thrift funds. Information on the price risk-based premiums of the agency; Evaluation of the level of reserves in deposit insurance funds; Provision of free-market perspective on...
- Bank fund hit all-time high of $19B in 3rd quarter. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;11/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 224, p1
Reports that the Bank Insurance Fund has reached an all-time high in the third quarter of 1994. Possible reduction of insurance premiums in 1995.
- REVISITING DEPOSIT INSURANCE. Bennet, Robert A. // U.S. Banker;May2000, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the insurance coverage issues confronting the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Access of non-bank institutions to deposit insurance; Petitions for rebates and increase in deposit insurance from banking institutions; Plans for changes in the approaches to premiums based on bank size.