FDIC Chief of Insurance Is Crisis-Tested
- FDIC Seeks More Precise Measure of Big-Bank Risk. Adler, Joe // American Banker;11/30/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 183, p1
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) is looking to change their formula for calculating risk-based premiums for large banks. The author mentions that a bank's level of concentration of high-risk assets and their ratio of core to total funding will be included in...
- FDIC veteran to head new insurance division. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;11/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 219, p4
Reports on the appointment of Arthur J. Murton, as head of an insurance division of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC). Prioritization of what went wrong with FDIC during the early 1990s; Career background; Plans of Murton for the division; Contributions to FDIC.
- FDIC Is Seeking More Flexibility on Reserve Cap. Adler, Joe // American Banker;3/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 54, p2
The article reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) would like to see changes in the law governing its Deposit Insurance Fund, which requires it to rebate any extra funds to banks. Arthur Murton, the agency's director of insurance and research, is said to have pointed out that...
- The Triumphant Tortoise. Casey, Diane M. // Community Banker;Jun2001, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the legislative bill to reform deposit insurance by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) in Washington D.C. Improvement on the deposit insurance; Contents of the comprehensive reform; Proposal to passed a legislation on the problems of FDIC.
- REVISITING DEPOSIT INSURANCE. Bennet, Robert A. // U.S. Banker;May2000, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the insurance coverage issues confronting the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Access of non-bank institutions to deposit insurance; Petitions for rebates and increase in deposit insurance from banking institutions; Plans for changes in the approaches to premiums based on bank size.
- Insurance plunge favors banks. Schneider, A.J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s plans to lower the base rate premium banks must pay each year for deposit insurance to four percents per $100 of deposits. Feud over the advantages of the change in the base rate premium; Reaction of bank executives; Separation of the thrift and...
- Bank insurance fund reserve ratio. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p9
Presents a report by the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. on the Bank Insurance Fund reserve ratio as of September 30, 1994. Mandated goal.
- FDIC proposes long-awaited BIF cuts. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the FDIC's proposal to cut premiums paid by majority of the banks. Details of the FDIC's cut proposal; American Bankers Association's suggestions.
- FDIC holds the line on premiums till June. Anason, Dean // American Banker;11/13/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 219, p6
Reports on the US Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s (FDIC) vote to keep bank and thrift premiums unchanged in the first half of 1998. Income performance of the Bank Insurance Fund and the Savings Association Insurance Fund through the first three quarters of 1997; Assessment of the viability of...