Performance Monitoring in Commercial and Institutional Buildings
- Embedded Wireless Sensor. // Physics Today;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p67
Provides information on EmbedSense, a wireless sensor and data acquisition system developed by MicroStrain. Features of the sensor; Applications of the sensor.
- Strategies for implementing enterprise-wide data collection systems. Kapsambelis, George // Automatic I.D. News;Apr98, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p23
Details strategies used in the design and implementation of large-scale data collection systems. Enterprise-wide data collection systems' use of client/server and Internet technology; Grouping of different types of data into classes; Employment of database functionality.
- Handy work. // Fleet Owner;Nov97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p114
Presents tips on selecting portable data collectors. Three basic ways data-collection devices can communicate information to the host; Factors to consider when selecting a device; Advantage of an easy-to-use automated data-collection systems that meet a fleet's requirements.
- Get smart. Newton, Patrick // Dairy Industries International;Mar2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p26
Talks about the benefits of data analysis among global organizations. Collection of appropriate data; Usual reason an organization does not collect the data it really needs; Transmission of the data to a data center; Importance of the analysis of historic data.
- LA schools install fingerprint readers. // Automatic I.D. News;Aug98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p27
Compares fixed-position and vehicle-mount data collection terminals. Applications; Network connectivity; Modularity; Supported operating systems; Includes Accu-Time Systems; Computerwise; DriverTech.
- Getting the data to make decisions. MAYNARD, DAREN // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2014, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p50
The article discusses the use of Industrial Data Logger from MatrikonOPC in decision making and transmitting data among different storage devices. It notes that data helps in decision making. Information is presented on using data-driven software MaxUp Advantage to assess spare inventory to be...
- Remote wireless data monitoring. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Oct2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p47
The article introduces the Teledata remote wireless data monitoring system from Simpson Electric. The system collects and transmits wirelessly analog and digital data from detectors on generators, compressors and other industrial equipment. The product is distributed in Australia by ProDigital.
- Secure Data Aggregation Using Clusters in Sensor Networks. Prakash, G. L.; Thejaswini, M.; Manjula, S. H.; Venugopal, K. R.; Patnaik, L. M. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Mar2009, Vol. 51, Special section p30
Wireless sensor network can be applied to both abominable and military environments. A primary goal in the design of wireless sensor networks is lifetime maximization, constrained by the energy capacity of batteries. One well-known method to reduce energy consumption in such networks is data...
- DATA COLLECTION KEY TO ENERGY PROGRAM. Packard, Daniel J.; Schwochow, Stephen D. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p22
Looks at how energy consumption information are collected and how it can be integrated with energy purchasing decisions, consumption analysis and onsite distributed generation. Basic components of data collection and information system; Importance of profiling the property's energy usage;...