With Ethernet Switches, New BAS Helps Keep Efficiency Under Control
- BACnet Issues & Events. // Engineered Systems;Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16B
The article highlights issues and events related to BACnet protocol. BACnet International will conduct the PlugFest 2008 to test the interoperability of their enabled solutions. Contemporary Controls has developed the Industrial Ethernet University that will provide new BACnet compliance...
- THE INTERNET Spreads the Reach of Lighting Controls. Jordan, Scott // Energy User News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the benefits of Ethernet- and Internet-enabled systems in commercial and industrial facilities. Use of Ethernet in the lighting control of facilities; Components of the MODBUS TCP/IP; Details on the development of Internet-enabled control infrastructure for lighting control. INSET:...
- Connecting building systems. // American School & University;Mar2006, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p66
The article reports on the installation of Siemens direct digital control building management system at the Conway School District in New Hampshire to improve classroom air quality. The school accommodates a total of 2,100 students. Siemens also plans to provide an integrated approach that...
- BAS USE OF Ethernet/IP Infrastructure. Ehrlich, Paul; Goldschmidt, Ira // Engineered Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p20
The article explores why the use of the Ethernet/Internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure in developing building automation systems (BAS) is not always the wise choice. It explains that dedicated BAS Ethernet/IP communications is a duplication and an added construction cost. Moreover, it says that...
- Broadcasting BACnet. Newman, H. Michael // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 11, pB8
The article discusses the use of broadcasting in building automation protocol BACnet in the U.S. It explores the fundamental network concepts such as unicast and multiple messages and describes the difficulties in establishing network architectures including the Internet protocol (IP) on an...
- Ethernet switches. // Engineered Systems;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, Special section p14
The article evaluates Contemporary Controls' industrial Ethernet switch which features five ports and occupies one inch of DIN-rail and also has low-voltage power sources and redundant power connections.
- Industrial Ethernet switches. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p85
The article evaluates the IGMP snooping feature offered by Contemporary Controls in its managed Industrial Ethernet switches, allowing only group multicast traffic to be forwarded to the group member ports of the switches.
- Ethernet taught at free virtual university. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);May2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the launch by Australia-based Contemporary Controls of its free 'virtual industrial Ethernet university.' Goal of increasing familiarity on Ethernet technology; Offering of 11 courses developed by the company and experts from different countries; Course content.
- 100Base-T4: A turbobcharge for today's networks. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;3/20/95, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p59
Discusses the 100Base-T4 Ethernet. Bridging of the interim period in the conversion to asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) by delivering higher bandwidth over existing infrastructures; Decrease in price of 100-Mbit network adapters; Simple collision-detection circuit; Use of a star topology. ...