Motor-Vehicle Test Center Replaces CFC Refrigerant With Relative Ease
- Major deadline looms for CVR test operators. // Irish Motor Management;2014 President Edition, p4
The article reports on the deadline for new authorization of Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness (CVR) test operators by the Irish Road Safety Authority (RSA), and suggests all Test Centre Owners to make sure that they submit their application not later than September 27, 2014.
- A Thermoelectric Generator Replacing Radiator for Internal Combustion Engine Vehicles. Baatar, Nyambayar; Shiho Kim // Telkomnika;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p523
We have proposed and developed a low temperature thermoelectric generator (TEG) using engine water coolant of light-duty vehicles. Experimental results from test vehicle, of which engine size is about 2.0 liters, show that fabricated prototype Thermoelectric Generator generates more than 75W for...
- Testing Tractors for the World in Lincoln. Arens, Curt // Nebraska Life;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p80
The article explores the history of the official tractor testing at the Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory (NTTL) in Lincoln in 1919. Legislator Wilmot Crozier co-sponsored the state's original tractor test law in 1919, which prohibited the selling of new tractor model without a permit. It notes...
- VOSA must keep its pledge. Hobson, Steve // Motor Transport;10/1/2009, p10
The article presents the author's comments on the Stop the VOSA Closures campaign of Great Britain's Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA). He states that the priority now must be to finalise the Alternative Testing Facilities (ATFs) contract so those operators and dealers who are...
- Fired by Siemens. // Modern Power Systems;Feb99, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
Reports on Siemens KWU's announcement that it has successfully started factory testing of advanced components for the next-generation gas turbines at its full-load test facility in Berlin, Germany. Incorporation of the advanced components into the technology platform of the V84.3A gas turbine.
- New LM6000 test bed opens. // Modern Power Systems;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
Reports on TransCanada Turbines' opening of its cold end drive test facility for industrial aero-derivative gas turbines in Canada. TransCanada's agreement with site owner EnCana Corp.; Plans of the company in testing its turbines against a live power grid.
- Gas-turbine test facility starts up in Scotland. // Power;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p14
Deals with the gas-turbine test facility launched by Wood Group Light Industrial Turbines in Aberdeen, Scotland in June 2002. Acquisition of Wood Group in relation to its project; Significance of the facility.
- Picking up the pace. Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;Jan1997, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p68
Discusses how the replacement of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-based chillers in the United States, has driven up the cost and demand for refrigerants, and how facilities professionals can reduce the impact of high refrigerant costs. Dangers of purchasing illegally available refrigerants; Importance...
- Plan, plan, plan. // Buildings;Jan1997, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p80
Discusses the phaseout of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants. Building owners' concerns about the slow phaseout of CFC refrigerants; Importance of a refrigerant management plan; Making a schedule for when to take CFC chillers out of service.