Present and Future Possibilities for Defining a Phenotype for Specific Language Impairment
- NIH Releases Statement on Osteoporosis Prevention, Diagnosis, and Therapy. Hellekson, Karen L. // American Family Physician;7/1/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p161
Provides information on the release of a consensus statement by the U.S. National Institutes of Health concerning the prevention, diagnosis and therapy of osteoporosis. Definition and consequences of osteoporosis; Factors involved in building and maintaining skeletal health; Optimal evaluation...
- $2.5-M awarded to study HIV in children. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/19/95, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p44
Reports on the National Institutes of Health's awarding of $2.5 million to researchers at North Shore University Hospital. Study of the HIV infection in children of intravenous drug users; Researchers' hope of understanding why some children develop full-blown AIDS very rapidly.
- Free speech. // New Scientist;10/12/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1790, p19
Reports on a United States court ruling that the National Institutes of Health cannot require researchers to send it the results of their work before publishing them. Victory for Stanford University which took the NIH to court over artificial heart; Unconstitutional because it violated free...
- Assessing NCI's SEER cancer data base with SeerQuery and CD-ROM. Srivastava, Sudhir; Smart, Charles // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p397
Evaluates the effectiveness of accessing NCI's SEER cancer data base with SeerQuery CD-ROM. What SEER cancer data base contains; How the SeerQuery and CD_ROM work; Statistical analyses and report functions; Advantages of PC-based system; Example; Availability and uses; More.
- New directory offers one-stop shopping for NHLBI materials. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p744
Announces that the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has issued a new publication, `Life in the Health Lane,' to provide a single, comprehensive overview of the resources available through the Institute. What the directory provides; Contact information.
- NIAMS schedules workshop on epidemiology of skin diseases in March 1993. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p744
Reports that the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) is planning a Workshop on the Epidemiology of Skin Disease on March 25-26, 1993. Where the workshop will be held; Workshop objectives; Contact information.
- New age personnel--quality service delivery in changing times. Benowitz, Stephen C. // Public Personnel Management;Summer94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p181
Discusses the approach used at the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) in its evaluation of the manner in which personnel services are delivered to customers. Ways to simplify procedures for both personnel offices and customers; Responsibility for personnel decisions; Component needs; Themes...
- News From the National Institutes of Public Health. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p220
No abstract available.
- News from the National Institutes of Public Health. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Nov2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p894
No abstract available.