Speech Perception and Verbal Memory in Children With and Without Histories of Otitis Media
- Perception of voicing cues by children with early otitis media with and without language impairment. Groenen, Paul; Crul, Thom // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Feb96, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p43
Examines identification and discrimination of initial bilabial stop consonants differing in voicing by 9-year-old children with a history of severe otitis media with effusion (OME). Stimulus construction; Assessment of speech perception abilities.
- Use of antibiotics for acute otitis media in children. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1132
Presents information in relation to the impact of antibiotics on acute otitis media in children, which reference to the International Primary Care Network, by J Froom, et al.
- Once-daily dosing for otitis media. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the recommended dosage and intake of cefpodoxime proxetil for children with acute otitis media.
- Prevalence of tympanotomy tube placement in children. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1305
Presents a survey of Bright and colleagues reported in the `Journal of Public Health', July 1993 issue, on the treatment of otitis media in children. Prevalence of tympanotomy tube placement among children; Rate of tympanotomy tube placement in children; Infection as common reason of implantation.
- Antibiotics: A solution or a problem? Schmidt, Michael A. // Mothering;Spring91, Issue 59, p43
Focuses on the use of antibiotics in treating ear infections. Ratio of children with otitis media receiving antibiotics; Percentage of doctors in the United States prescribing antibiotics; Problems linked to the use of antibiotics.
- Management of otitis media. Liston, Thomas E. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1995, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p542
Recommends the diagnosis, management, and follow-up of children with otitis media with emphasis on drug efficacy, expense, resistance and allergy. Alternate use of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) and amoxicillin; Use of sulfisoxazole chemoprophylaxis for recurrent disease; Caution...
- Literature Reviews: Pediatric Infectious Diseases. Steele, Russell W.; Lampe, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1998, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p757
Comments on and discusses the abstract of the article `Amoxicillin Middle Ear Fluid Penetration and Pharmacokinetics in Children with Acute Otitis Media,' by D.M. Cinafax, Z. Yuan and T. Chonmaitree et al taken from the 1998 issue of `Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal'. Amoxicillin as...
- Preventing ear infections. // Pediatrics for Parents;1992, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
Offers a look at how otitis media (ear infections) affect almost every child. When it becomes a major problem; Importance of prevention; Methods; Recent study; From `Family Practice News,' 7/15/92; Details.
- Ear Infection Treatment. // Pediatrics for Parents;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Evaluates the treatment of acute otitis media among children in the United States. Preference for the use of antibiotics; Development of an alternative treatment for ear infections; Significance of the pain from the condition.