Taking A Look At Channel Sequencing
- Disruption-Free VoIP Migration. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p23
Cites ways on how enterprises integrate time-division multiplexing analog network with a path to the future promise of voice over internet protocol. Maintenance of analog legacy telephone systems; Advantages of Opex savings; Utilization of business service applications.
- Audio multiplexing. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the technical specifications involved in digital audio multiplexing. Process for producing a frequency division multiplex (FDM); Impact of digital video in facilitating efficient signal distribution on a single cable or carrier using time division multiplex (TDM); Schematic drawing of...
- The Road Less Traveled. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;10/2/2008, p3
The author discusses the achievements of the wireless communications sector. She points out that the sector was instrumental in the development and commercialization of analog and digital standards like Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and Time...
- Packet Engines: the Smart Choice for TDM-to-Packet Networks. Lewis, Jeremy; Kalnoskas, Aimee // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p41
Describes the applications of packet engines for time-division multiplex (TDM) voice and data services features of semiconductors. Flexibility of the engines' interconnection options; Effectiveness of TDM circuit emulation.
- Recent progress in soliton transmission technology. Nakazawa, Masataka; Kubota, Hirokazu; Suzuki, Kazunori; Yamada, Eiichi; Sahara, Akio // Chaos;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3
Recent progress on time-division multiplexed (TDM) and wavelength-division multiplexed (WDM) soliton transmission is described, in which dispersion management plays an important role in increasing the power margin and the dispersion tolerance. The characteristics of the dispersion-managed...
- TDMA reaches 61 million. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the increase in the number of subscribers to time division multiple access at the end of 2000.
- TDMA Isn't Going Away. Pearson, Chris // Wireless Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p45
Comments on the prospects of time division multiple access (TDMA) market. Growth of TDMA subscribers in 2000 and first quarter of 2001; Advantages of third generation (3G) technologies such as Universal Mobile Telecommunications Services; Evolution of TDMA toward 3G technologies.
- TDMA Carriers. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p4A
Provides information on time division multiple access (TDMA) carriers. Details on the agreement between Universal Wireless Communications Consortium, representing TDMA carriers, and the North American GSM Alliance LLC; Features of EDGE, an air interface which TDMA carriers is recommending for...
- States take creative approach to E911 deployment. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p14
Deals with states in the U.S that take an approach to wireless E911 deployment. Consumer campaign launched by Indiana about which carriers are implementing E911; Implementation of E911 in Vermont; Fine imposed on Cingular and AT & T for not complying with the buildout schedule for their...