AirNet Unveils GSM Migration Path To 3G
- AirNet boasts 2 GPRS deals. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
Reports on AirNet Communications Corp.'s deployment of a wireless GPRS system in the United States.
- Migrating to the Wireless Internet with Software-Defined Radio. Williams, Terry // Wireless Design & Development;Apr2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the viability of software-defined radio (SDR) as a solution to the expansion challenges faced by United States wireless providers. Capital investment of wireless providers in the acquisition of spectrum; Comparison of SDR with traditional base station technology; Broadband SDR...
- Future of smart antennas is adaptive beam technology. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on AirNet Communications Corp. president Lee Hamilton's outlook for smart antennas in the field of wireless network. Need for network infrastructure to pick up and send communications from growing numbers of locations; Benefits of adaptive beam technology; Software defined radios.
- Airnet weaves BSS into Tecore fabric. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/22/96, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the integration of AirNet Communications' base station system with Tecore's AirCore wireless switching platform. Tecore's scalable switching platform; Use of integrated services digital network technology to interface with AirNet base station equipment; Provision of a system usable in...
- AirNet wins OnQue pact. // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the contract signing between AirNet Communications Corp. and OnQue Communications Inc. for the supply of Global System for Mobile communications wireless infrastructure equipment for deployment in Arkansas. Contract terms.
- Oklahoma carrier to deploy AirNet GPRS equipment. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p22
Reports on Oklahoma telecommunications carrier MBO Wireless Inc.'s selection of AirNet Communications Corp.'s AdaptaCell and AirSite Backhaul Free base stations for use in the deployment of its General Packet Radio Service network.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p14
No abstract available.
- Wireless Stock Watch. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p22
Presents an update on the stock prices of wireless communication providers in the U.S. on September 4-11, 2002. Aether Systems company; AirNet Communications company; Allen Telecom Inc.
- Finance Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p20
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of April 4, 2005. Acquisition of 2helix by Ace*COMM Corp.; Status of the construction of a financing facility of Dianet Communications Inc.; Net loss incurred by AirNet Communications for the fourth quarter of 2004.