A Waking Giant
- SkyTel to begin offering eLink nationwide. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p49
Informs that SkyTel Communications Inc. will begin offering in the United States its SkyTel eLink wireless e-mail product for customers who need to send and receive large amounts of wireless information. Reseller agreement with American Mobile Satellite Corp.
- ARDIS sale completed. // Fleet Owner;Jun98, Vol. 93 Issue 6, Truck.com pTC15
Gives details on the completion of the acquisition of the ARDIS company by American Mobile Satellite Corporation (AMSC). Amount of money which was paid for ARDIS; Number of subscribers the merged land and satellite service of ARDIS has; Reference to the amount of money American Mobile's annual...
- AMSC launches eLink. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the launch of the eLink wireless electronic service of American Mobile Satellite Corp. (AMSC) in October 1999. Two-way wireless extension of desktop Internet e-mail to handheld devices and personal information management functions; Distribution strategy for the service; Integration...
- Corporate data hits airwaves. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;03/08/99, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p28
Reports on computer network service companies' development of software and services for wireless access to corporate electronic mail and other data. Capabilities of Wireless Knowledge's Revolv service; Components of Wireless Telecom's MobileLogic Network Services offering; Other companies that...
- AMSC offers rebate to Iridium customers. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p16
Reports that the American Mobile Satellite Corp. will offer a rebate promotion on its Skycell services to former customers of Iridium LLC.
- AMSC to buy ARDIS. // Fleet Owner;Feb98, Vol. 93 Issue 2, pTC6
Reports that the American Mobile Satellite Corporation plans to purchase Motorola Incorporated's land-based ARDIS wireless messaging business. Indepth look at the terms of the deal; When the deal is expected to be finalized; Details on the benefits that ARDIS's radio-frequency packet-data...
- AMSC equips ACS' ATM technicians. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p22
Reports on American Mobile Satellite Corp.'s agreement with ACS Communications Inc. to provide wireless data communication service for automatic teller field services technicians.
- AMSC aims to link personal wireless functions to PDAs. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p10
Focuses on American Mobile Satellite Corp.'s launch of a service called eLink, a two-way wireless messaging application with integrated personal information manager functions. Features of the service; Advantages of using the wireless system; Commercial availability of the service in June 1999.
- CNF Reinvents High-Tech. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;12/7/98, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p40
Reports the adoption of wireless data transmission by CNF Transportation in the United States. Agreement with American Mobile Satellite Corp. for exclusive wireless services; Requirements for wireless technology; Provision of satellite and terrestrial communication solution.