Network Upgrades At AWS
- BT, AT&T, Microsoft partner for mobile data applications. Bruno, Antony // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the partnership of British Telecommunications PLC, AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Microsoft Corp. to provide mobile data applications. Creation of high-speed data applications for mobile devices; Terms of agreement.
- AT&T, BT deploy Ericsson gateway. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p32
Reports the deployment of Ericsson's Mobility Gateway as a foundation for the WorldConnect service of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and BT Wireless in Stockholm, Sweden.
- CINGULAR AND AT&T MERGER WILL COST CONSUMER
$5BILLIION/YR. // RBOC Update;Jul2004, pN.PAG
Suggests that the proposed merger of Cingular and AT&T Wireless will raise wireless prices in 2004, according to a study by the Phoenix Center. Enhancement of the market dominance of the Regional Bell Operating Cos.; Other study findings; Background on Phoenix Center.
- Netro takes over Project Angel assets, people. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the purchase of the fixed-wireless system project of AT&T Wireless Services Group by Netro Corp. in 2002. Value of the project; Background on the project; Reasons for the failure of AT&T to accomplish the project.
- Cingular banks on AWS with $41B buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the expectations on the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Impact of the acquisition on its competitors as well as companies with ties to AWS or Cingular; Comparison between subscribers of AWS and Cingular Wireless; Challenges faced by...
- AT&T, Cingular Merger Speculation Crops Up Again. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the alleged merger negotiations between U.S. wireless operators Cingular Wireless and AT& T Wireless. Benefits of the potential merger; Reasons for the companies having been cited as likely merger partners; Views on the potential consolidation.
- Why AT&T Loves Wi-Fi. Copeland, Michael V. // Fortune International (Europe);12/8/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p25
This article discusses the acquisition of the wireless network management company Wayspot Inc. by AT&T Wireless. The authors suggest that AT&T made this investment so as to leverage the capabilities of the Apple Inc. iPhone, which is available exclusively through that company. This is presented...
- How do two wireless giants become one? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p1
Forecasts the advantages and disadvantages of the possible acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Projection on the completion of the planned network integration; Possibility for Cingular to decide on marketing and rate plan integration; Challenges to be faced by...
- Wireless consolidation looming? Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;1/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p16
As wireless users and communications industry experts voice mixed reactions to reports of a possible merger between Cingular Wireless LLC and AT& T Wireless Services Inc., most agree that carrier consolidation is inevitable. According to publisher, The Associated Press and several other...