- Other Carriers Consolidating. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p21
Reports the consolidation of several wireless carriers in the United States. Acquisition of Aerial by VoiceStream; Consolidation agreement between BellSouth and SBC; Factors contributing to the consolidation of carriers.
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Rovani, John // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p158
Reports on the importance of preparation for merger and acquisition activity in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Basic questions to ask regarding the business activity; Factors that help prepare the business for sale; Impact of planning on the preparation of business for sale.
- Vendors struggle with 'eat or be eaten' strategy. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the dilemma faced by large wireless companies in the United States with regard to acquisition of small wireless companies. List of small and large wireless companies; Concerns of industry analysts on consolidation deals; Factors to consider in consolidation plans.
- M&A DOWNSIDE. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;1/26/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the impact of consolidation on the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Lack of innovation of companies in the process of acquisition; Transaction fees; Assessment of the wireless market in the U.S.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p14
The article offers news briefs in the telecommunications industry. Qwest Communications had launched another bid for MCI Communications, which had already accepted offer from Verizon Communications in the U.S. Swiss telecommunication Swisscom AG had entered a joint venture with Belgians'...
- Post-Merger World Narrower in Focus. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the prediction of some analysts that the ongoing consolidation among major wireless carriers could produce benefits for some previously underserved consumers. Description of the U.S. wireless communication system market; Examples of mergers that would not affect competition; List of...
- Options galore, but woes mount. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;6/24/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 25, pS-18
The article examines several trends in the wireless telecommunication industry of the United States in 2001. Key issues discussed include problems faced by wireless telecommunications providers, factors behind the decline in the sector's spending for advertisements and market speculations on...
- 'Tis the season. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;12/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p10
Presents an outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the wireless telecommunications industry for 2005. Carriers that are likely to merge; Possible acquisitions; Shareholder issues.
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p92
Reports developments in the telecommunications industry as of September, 2000. Investment of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Private Equity and TLcom Partners; Plans of NEC Corp. to develop next-generation wireless phone technologies; Acquisition of wireless data companies by VyteK Wireless Inc.