- Other Carriers Consolidating. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p21
Reports the consolidation of several wireless carriers in the United States. Acquisition of Aerial by VoiceStream; Consolidation agreement between BellSouth and SBC; Factors contributing to the consolidation of carriers.
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Rovani, John // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p158
Reports on the importance of preparation for merger and acquisition activity in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Basic questions to ask regarding the business activity; Factors that help prepare the business for sale; Impact of planning on the preparation of business for sale.
- M&A DOWNSIDE. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;1/26/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the impact of consolidation on the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Lack of innovation of companies in the process of acquisition; Transaction fees; Assessment of the wireless market in the U.S.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p14
The article offers news briefs in the telecommunications industry. Qwest Communications had launched another bid for MCI Communications, which had already accepted offer from Verizon Communications in the U.S. Swiss telecommunication Swisscom AG had entered a joint venture with Belgians'...
- Post-Merger World Narrower in Focus. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the prediction of some analysts that the ongoing consolidation among major wireless carriers could produce benefits for some previously underserved consumers. Description of the U.S. wireless communication system market; Examples of mergers that would not affect competition; List of...
- 'Tis the season. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;12/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p10
Presents an outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the wireless telecommunications industry for 2005. Carriers that are likely to merge; Possible acquisitions; Shareholder issues.
- A Far Reach in Wireless Communications. Colby, Kent L. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the growth of cellular service and wireless communication in Alaska. Expansion done by cellular companies; Acquisition of Cellulink and MACtel by Alaska Communication Systems; Development of a local multipoint distribution system by GCI company.
- Vendors struggle with 'eat or be eaten' strategy. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the dilemma faced by large wireless companies in the United States with regard to acquisition of small wireless companies. List of small and large wireless companies; Concerns of industry analysts on consolidation deals; Factors to consider in consolidation plans.
- Options galore, but woes mount. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;6/24/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 25, pS-18
The article examines several trends in the wireless telecommunication industry of the United States in 2001. Key issues discussed include problems faced by wireless telecommunications providers, factors behind the decline in the sector's spending for advertisements and market speculations on...