Denver Upstart's Designs Answer Crises
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Rooftop Signaling. Moore, Greg // Buildings;Apr99, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p26
Discusses business opportunities for building owners brought about by demands for communications services. Information on wireless technologies available to consumers and businesses in the United States; Benefits of stricter laws regulating the construction of antenna structures; Regulations...
- TOP TEN 2003 GLOBAL WIRELESS PREDICTIONS ANNOUNCED. // Tele-Service News;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Presents the top global wireless predictions for 2003.
- Enterprising comms system keeps staff in touch. // Engineer (00137758);10/11/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7613, p16
Focuses on the use of communication badges for the making of the movie 'Star Trek.' Importance of a voice command in the making; Relevance of wireless communication electronics; Improvement of voice compression technology.
- WLL market forecast to grow 50 percent annually through 2002. // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p40
Reports that factors such as upgraded wireless local loop (WLL) licensing, reduced equipment costs and increasing approval of wireless as an alternative to wireline communications, will contribute to a growth in the WLL market from 1998 to 2002. Reference to a report from the Strategis Group;...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.