PocketNet Facelift May Carry New Name
- AT&T takes PocketNet to the masses. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;09/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 31, p8
Reports that American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) Wireless Services Incorporated plans to launch a mass-market version of its PocketNet service in September, 1997, in an effort to allow users to access the Web wirelessly. Use of PocketNet to deliver data and voice services; Cost of PocketNet.
- AT&T Relaunches PocketNet Service. Palenchak, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p30
Reports that AT&T Wireless has relaunched its PocketNet data-on-demand Web service with lower pricing plans. Availability of the service through digital phones; Optional Web-clipping service that reformats content from any HTML web-site display on small-screen phones; Unlimited service fee;...
- From the inside out. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s aim of using PocketNet service on its operation. Leverage the company's cellular digital packet data network to stream wireless data; Use of PocketNet as wireless resource for both Internet and intranet access; Focus of service on field sales teams such...
- Mobilizing the Net. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/13/97, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p13
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services has added new content providers to its wireless data service called PocketNet in an effort to attract individual users to its PocketNet service. Information accessibility; Cost per month.
- AT&T Wireless lightens road warrior's load. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p21
Introduces the PocketNet wireless Internet protocol (IP) service, a wireless network that delivers access to electronic-mail, the World Wide Web, and corporate intranets/local area networks, from AT&T Wireless Services Division. Comments from Dan Merriman, an analyst with Giga Information...
- AT&T wireless taps content partners. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;10/13/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p39
Announces the partnerships AT&T developed with 24 Internet content providers to increase the information available on its PocketNet phone service. The advertising campaign designed by AT&T Wireless; Details of the PocketNet service.
- Then, And Now: CDPD Reborn. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p34
Focuses on the re-launching of AT&T Wireless Services' (AWS) cellular digital packet data network. Features of AWS PocketNet; Services from OmniSky Corp.; Keys to the AWS rollout strategy.
- Bloomberg news service available on PocketNet. // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p2
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated and Bloomberg Financial Markets plan to offer financial news and market updates to users of AT&T's PocketNet phone. Type of information to be released by Bloomberg; Features of the PocketNet phone system; Comments by Kendra VanderMuelen of AT&T...
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.