Funds And Awareness Raised PCS '99
- PCIA announces winners of group's yearly awards. // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p45
Focuses on the winners of Personal Communications Industry Association's 1996 Industry Awards. Includes Orbital Sciences engineer Al Gross; A+ Network president Charles Emling; American Personal Communications vice president of engineering, J. Barclay Jones.
- PCIA announces leadership awards. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p20
Reports on the Personal Communications Industry Association Foundation's announcement of the winners of its 1999 Leadership Awards, slated at the September PCS '99 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Background on the award; Recipients.
- Chips set and MMICs ease short-haul RF-link design. Schweber, Bill // EDN;02/15/96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p46
Presents information on personal communication systems (PCSs). Details on how short-haul RF links operate; Information on the introduction of monolithic microwave ICs (MMICs); Detailed information on the frequency band range. INSETS: Didn't super-regens go out with dinosaurs?.;Table...
- Ready to jibe. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p3
Discusses keys to competition in the personal communications service (PCS) business in the United States. Identification of potential competitors; Competitive edge of Nextel; Threat posed by Nextel and Geotek to PCS companies.
- Price as a PCS edge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p6
Explores the extent to which price affects the competition between cellular and personal communication services (PCS) in the United States. Lower prices of VoiceStream PCS in both the low-end and high-end than in current cellular services; Free access for customers signing up till the end of...
- Perfect timing for PCS '96. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Personal Communications Showcase will be held in San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center from September 18-22, 1996. Expected launching of trials and commercial deployments; Estimated number of wireless professionals and exhibitors to attend the event.
- PCS products. // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p30
Presents equipment and literature related to personal communications services (PCS) in the United States. Integrated PCS system design tool; Macro library for the AN900 series spectrum analyzers; Series additive white gaussian noise generator; Field diagnostic tool; Software package for network...
- PCS takes on cellular. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/5/96Supplement, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the construction of personal communication systems services (PCS) networks in the United States. Effect of PCS among cellular carriers; Speculations on carriers' investment in the market; Dataquest Inc.'s prediction of increase in wireless customers by the year 2000.
- Secrets of success. Stern, Spencer // Telephony;08/18/97 Supplement PCS Edge, Vol. 233 Issue 7, p4
Offers advice for building a successful personal communication service system. Need to localize customer service operations; Filling in holes in your network; Segmenting one's market; Capitalizing on newest service offerings.