Options Range Sky High
- Motorola rolls Celestri into Teledesic. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/25/98, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p7
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s infusion of the resources dedicated to its broadband satellite interconnection venture Celestri System into Craig Teledesic Corp.'s satellite-based mobile voice services venture. Redirection of design and development work from Motorola's Celestri project; Design...
- Motorola Teledesic join forces. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug98, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Reports that since Motorola company merged its Celestri project with Teledesic company, the competition for customers of broadband Internet via satellite services decreased. Reference to the launch of 228 satellites to provide service by 2003 which Motorola will be the prime contractor; Name of...
- Motorola backs Teledesic with equity stake. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;05/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p6
Reports that Teledesic L.L.C. and Motorola Incorporated will become partners in the development of a satellite communications systems. Information on the system; Reference to other partners; Details on a 26 percent ownership in Teledesic by Motorola; Comments from Christopher Galvin, chief...
- Motorola repositions. // Inter@ctive Week;05/31/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p7
Cites Motorola Inc.'s decision to reposition some of the satellite communications engineers working to build broadband satellite provider Teledesic's `Internet in the sky.'
- Is Teledesic Doomed? Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/31/99, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p8
Discusses that Motorola is considering curtailing its involvement in the Teledesic project. Reasons behind Motorola's decision; Comments from Tom Nolle, president of CIMI Corp.; Number of Motorola engineers that were removed from the project; Possible result if Motorola should exit from the...
- Teledesic Replacing Motorola. // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the plan of Teledesic Corp. to replace Motorola as the prime contractor for the ICO satellite project. Service that the ICO-Teledesic Global plans will offer.
- Satcom Market Buffeted By Economic Uncertainties. Caceres, Marco Antonio // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/11/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p143
Details the status of the commercial communications satellites sector. Effects of the Asian economic crisis to the sector; Major multisatellite programs introduced in 1998; Merger between the Celestri program of Motorola and Teledesic.
- $13-billion Satcom system proposed. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/23/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 26, p66
Presents information on the Celestri communication satellite system planned by Motorola Corp. to compete directly with the satellite system being developed by Teledesic Company. Key features of both systems; Comments from representatives of both companies; Expected costs; Licensing information.
- Teledesic may replace Motorola as prime contractor. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p173
Reports the probability of the termination of the system agreement between Motorola Inc. as prime network contractor for Teledesic Corp. in Washington.