Mission of Burma
- Untitled. // Design Week;11/23/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p4
The article announces the art exhibition that will be held in November and December in London, England. A wide variety of products ranging from glass, ceramics, furniture and lighting will be shown by several artists. Their craft will portray a historical influence, integration of traditional...
- Gordon Baldwin. // Ceramics Monthly;Nov2004, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on the art exhibition by artist Gordon Baldwin at Galerie Capazza in NanÃ§ay, France through December 2004. Career background of Baldwin; Theme of the art works of Baldwin.
- the singularity problem. Madoff, Steven Henry // Modern Painters;Summer2009, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p38
The article profiles Liam Gillick, a British artist who represented Germany at the 53rd Venice Biennale in Italy. It mentions that Gillick, who is 45-year-old and of Celtic lineage, is representing the country in its Fascist-era pavilion which is designed by Albert Speer. It notes that he is...
- STILL LIFES WITH MAGIC AND MYSTERY. Doherty, M. Stephen // American Artist;Jul2004, Vol. 68 Issue 744, p18
Profiles Scott Fraser, a still-life painter. Exhibit sponsored by the Frye Art Museum in Seattle, Washington featuring the works of Fraser; Description of the paintings created by Fraser; Technique used by Fraser in painting; Elements represented in the paintings of Fraser; Background of Fraser.
- WHAT MATTERS MOST. Lange, Christy // Frieze;Sep2012, Issue 149, p112
The article profiles KaterÅ™ina Å edÃ¡, a Czech artist based in Brno-LÃÅ¡eÅˆ, Czech Republic. It discusses the approach of the artist in her art works, which are associated to her family. It notes that her art work "It Doesn't Matter" questions the pitfalls and benefits of any...
- STUDIO VISIT: Liz Magic Laser. Gratza, Agnieszka // Frieze;Sep2012, Issue 149, p130
The article profiles Liz Magic Laser, a New York-based artist. Laser keeps playing with the concept of a newsroom or a situation room. She sees herself as a filmmaker who works in montage tradition though she takes many roles in certain project. She uses refined and highly rehearsed model of the...
- Zhang Huan. // CREATIVITY;Feb2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1/2, p31
The article focuses on Chinese artist Zhang Huan. Zhang has made waves in the contemporary art world since the 1990s, though he's moved on from the provocative, bodily performance art that earned him international renown. Zhang's early performances melded public spectacle, bodily themes and at...
- ART: Galleries: Group Shows. Rosenberg, Karen // New York;10/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p129
Presents several group art exhibits in New York City. Monumental paintings by the Knoedler; Theme of the artworks by the Pace Primitive; Influence of narrative-constructing works of the Artists Space.
- Variations on Themes. Coates, Robert M. // New Yorker;10/14/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p202
The article features artist Bernard Reder and his works. Reder held an exhibit of his sculptures and other forms of art at the Whitney Museum in New York. After several migrations upon which he lost most of his work, Reder arrived in the U.S. in 1943. The theme of his collection dealt with...