Credit Card Killer
- Price and value slow internet retail growth. // Marketing Week;10/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p31
The article focuses on the impact of price and value to the growth of Internet retail in Great Britain. It was found out that online sales are suffering due to increased distrust among the consumers on the quality and value-for-money represented by the Internet. According to the British Market...
- Top 10 Shopping sites ranked by number of visits. // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2004, Issue 11, p18
Presents a chart of the top shopping Web sites ranked by number of visits in Australia as of November 2004, including ebay, and trading post.
- The Bill's in the Mail. Campanelli, Melissa // Entrepreneur;Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p36
The article focuses on an online marketing service introduced by I4 Commerce Inc. Bill Me Later, the new service allows the customer to buy the good and pay through Web site's payment options. Supporters of the service say that the service boosts buying by eliminating the need for customers to...
- Nothing But Net: Robyn Dixon. . Forrest, Kim; Hannan, Caleb // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p156
Presents an interview with Robyn Dixon, wife of Portland Trailblazer basketball player Juan, about online shopping. Information on her favorite Web sites; Lessons learned from Internet shopping; Her favorite clothing brands; Products that she would not buy online.
- Electronic commerce in retailing: Convenience, search costs, delivery and price across retail formats. Jonathan W. Palmer // Information Technology & Management;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1/2, p25
The article focuses on the research which investigates the effect and role of electronic commerce in the retail industry. It discusses several methods or formats for purchasing products provided by the electronic commerce including stores, television (TV), and Internet. It also presents the...
- Fashion brands to launch virtual fitting room. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/25/2013, p2
The article reports on the launch of a virtual room function at the websites of Adidas, Hugo Boss and Superdry. It states that the move aims to boost the online shopping experience of consumers. According to the author, the tool allows them to enter their measurements such as waist size to view...
- Online shoppers let their fingers do the talking. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2008, Issue 5598, p9
The article focuses on the findings of the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index report regarding the status of online furniture shopping in Great Britain. It has been reported that online spending reached Â£26.5 billion in the first half of 2008, indicating a massive 38% increase on the same...
- Improving Site Search is a Better Alternative to Replatforming. Costa, Terry // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;3/5/2013, p2
The article offers considerations for improving Web site search instead of replatforming. It explains that replatforming one's electronic commerce (ecommerce) platform is extremely costly and will cause a major business disruption. It adds that similar business benefits as replatforming can be...
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/21/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 44, p6A
Presents statistics on product purchasing online and transportation in the U.S. Percentage of U.S. Internet users who say lower prices are among the reasons they purchase items online; Rate that says its helps them to avoid crowd; Statistics on individuals who commute by bus.