Paradise, Sort Of
- FLLCs and GRATs are effective estate-tax-planning techniques. Wilder, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;9/17/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 16, p28
Focuses on the need for an effective estate tax planning techniques in the United States. Techniques for the minimization of estate taxes; Dilemmas faced by taxpayers in estate planning; Assistance on estate tax planning by Family Limited Liability Co. and Guaranteed Remainder Annuity Trust.
- Correcting for the Effects of Seasonality on Home Prices. Miller, Norm; Sah, Vivek; Sklarz, Michael; Pampulov, Stefan // Appraisal Journal;Winter2012, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p46
This study shows the extent of seasonality in home prices in various markets around the United States. Everyone knows there is seasonality in the pattern of sales volumes over the course of a year, but few studies have examined the effect on selling prices. In some residential markets,...
- Bucking the National Trend: Maine Home Prices Rise. // Maine Community Banker;2008 1st Quarter, p12
The article reports on the increase in the median sales price for a single-family home in Maine. The statewide median sales price in the country reached $194,000 in 2007, up 0.77 percent. During the month of December only, statewide median sales prices declined 4.62 percent and sales were down...
- Tips for marketing your home. Valvano, Joe // Westchester County Business Journal;9/25/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 39, pS14
The article provides tips to manage the overall process in marketing a house. Homes must be in proper show conditions before being placed on the market to get the possible sale price. Using comparable sales and own assessment of the current market conditions is helpful to determine the best...
- Ability to buy will improve despite tough conditions. felstead, graham // Mortgage Strategy;6/18/2012, p026
The article discusses the latest Ability to Buy Index published by the economists of the Royal Bank of Scotland. According to the report, conditions for first-time buyers in Great Britain have declined but falling prices will drive affordability. It is noted that the rising cost of living...
- Southern Living. Christensen, Paul // France Today;Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p23
The article explores the aspects of buying a house in the southern region of France. An overview of the increase in prices of houses in France is presented. Options available for house buyers include condominiums, time-shares and lease backs. The features of village life in France that appeal to...
- Existing-home sales rebound locally. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/29/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p14
The article focuses on a Home Builders Research which reported that after falling 40% in 2007, sales of existing homes in Las Vegas, Nevada have rebounded with 18,720 recorded closings through August 2008, down just 2% a year ago. Resales during the month reached 3,000 while the median resale...
- Mayhem In The Market. Newland, Olly // North & South;Aug2005, Issue 233, p62
Focuses on the performance of real property market in New Zealand. Percentage of increase in house prices in the first quarter of 2005; Range of rate mortgages; Initiative taken by the government to assist first-home buyers.
- Relocating? Look at most expensive and most affordable areas. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p26
Presents a survey on the trends in home prices in the U.S. Average sales price in residential units; Price difference between La Jolla, California and Minot, North Dakota; Affordability of Montana and Texas residential property markets.