Japan Value Play
- The first-ever FTSE 100 fall over five years means we must rethink investment strategies. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p26
Presents views on the factors to consider when investing on the stock market. Implication of being a long-term investor; Information on how to determine the value of a share using the price/earnings ratio; Impact of the volatility of the market on investors.
- Change and not before time. Hambidge, David // Money Marketing;10/3/2013, p32
The article focuses on the needed change in investors' attitudes on investing, which the author says has been very focused on past performance of stocks that resulted at a disappointing outcome at best and a financial disaster at worst.
- Conscientious investors. Kavanagh, John; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;5/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p80
Focuses on the selection of top Australian stocks chosen on ethical grounds. Exclusion of 20 of the top 100 companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange; Consideration for environmental and social harm caused by the companies in the exclusion; Confusion on the definition of socially...
- Chinese puzzle. FREEMAN, PETER // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2012, Issue 143, p74
The article focuses on the application of the China strategy in fund management by investors in Australia. It describes the trend in managed funds investing, focusing on companies listed on the Chinese, Hong Kong or Taiwanese stockmarkets. Information on the market activities of various managed...
- Funds join the overseas tide. BEKIARIS, MARIA // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2014, Issue 166, p65
The article discusses the Morningstar's Global Flows Report which showed that Australians favored investing in international shares than their domestic counterparts in 2013, with the trend influenced by factors including concern of investors over sub-par domestic economic growth.
- Growth versus value: the debate continues. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/11/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on issues related to stock investment. Performance of value stocks; Preference of investors to growth shares; Risk in value investing.
- Second Quarter 2002 Search Round Up. // Investment Management Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p1
Presents several graphs on the investment market activity of plan sponsors and institutional investors from April 1-June 30, 2002. Domestic equity; Intenational fixed funding; Real Estate plans.
- U.K., European investor boosting U.S. equity holdings. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;9/3/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p3
Reports the increasing investments of European institutional investors on the United States equities. Measurement of the Great Britain pension funds and performance; Need for proper diversification by the European investors; Advantages of the European interests on the US stock markets.
- True perfromance mediocre. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;06/01/2001, p17
Focuses on the performance of long-term investments in South Africa. Investor profiles and investing behavior; Growth in equity values; Various investment patterns.