The Art Of Engagement
- Putting Eames Within Reach. Brown, Eryn // Fortune;11/11/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p48
Looks at the success of the Internet furniture design company Design Within Reach, or DWR. The founding by designer Rob Forbes; Sales of furniture to urbanites; DWR's financial success.
- John promoted to new DWR product post. // Furniture/Today;10/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p42
The article focusses on the career development within a company. Karen John has been promoted to the position of vice president of retailer design Within Reach. John earlier worked as a consultant and director for product development, who now continues to report to president and CEO, Ray...
- Design Within Reach. // Washingtonian Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p118
The article offers information on the Design Within Reach Inc., a home retailer of furnitures including a Danish style-couch, which accepts shipping orders at low price.
- DWR opens N.Y. design studio. // Furniture/Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p30
Reports on the opening of a showroom by furniture retailer Design Within Reach in New York City. Details of the business operations of the company; Company history.
- POSSIBLE SALE FOR DESIGN WITHIN REACH. TIERNEY, JIM // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Mar2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the possible sale of the high-end furniture designer and seller Design Within Reach whose assets include its catalog, a Website, and Tools for Living stores in the U.S. and Canada. The consideration to sell is being studied by Thomas Wiesel Partners, an investment banking...
- DWR to open flagship store. // Furniture/Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p48
Announces the opening of the furniture retail store Design Within Reach in Beverly Hills, California.
- DWR names controller, VP finance. // Furniture/Today;7/10/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p50
The article reports on the appointment of Peter Kruglinski as controller and vice president of finance for California-based retailer Design Within Reach (DWR). Kruglinski was previously corporate controller at the 212-store retailer Anna's Linens. DWR is a multi-channel retailer of furniture and...
- Design Within Reach opens in Toronto. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p32
The article reports on the opening of Design Within Reach's store in Toronto, Ontario in February 2008. The products offered by the store include outdoor furniture, bedroom and workspace designs, seating, lighting, rugs and other modern items for the home or office. The article reports on the...
- Rob Forbes. Novack, Kate // Time;Special Aug2007 Style & Design, Vol. 170, p41
This article presents a brief profile of Rob Forbes, founder of Design Within Reach, a profitable retailer of modern furniture. Their customers peruse familiar icons like the Eames leather lounge chair and work by newcomers through the company's glossy catalog, website and more than 60 retail...