Insourcing From America
- Procurement of IT Consulting Services and Firm-Specific Characteristics. Iyer, Govind; Ravindran, Sury; Reckers, Philip M. J. // Journal of the Association for Information Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p207
Information technology investments and the management consulting industry witnessed unprecedented growth in the last decade. This led to regulators' (SEC and Congress) allegations that consulting services that are provided by incumbent auditors may be disguised extra payments to auditors for...
- Into Uncharted Territory. Raiford, Regina // Buildings;Jun99, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p40
Provides information on outsourcing, a strategy used by companies to reduce costs. Examples of traditional outsourced activities; Reasons companies choose outsourcing; Key to successful outsourcing.
- Outsourcing recoveries and litigation versus insourcing. Muddyman, Gary // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p19
Discusses the cost advantages of insourcing and the disadvantages of outsourcing. Description of good debt management; Importance of good debt recovery practices in an organization; Main reason for outsourcing.
- OUTSOURCING ALIGNMENT WITH BUSINESS STRATEGY AND FIRM PERFORMANCE. Jae-Nam Lee // Communications of the Association for Information Systems;2006, Vol. 17, p2
As motivations of Information Technology (IT) outsourcing are evolving from a primary focus on cost reduction to an emerging emphasis on improving business performance, it is imperative for organizations to align their outsourcing strategy with their business strategy in order to reap better...
- Boutiques move to outsource admin. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;7/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p8
The article presents information that JC Consulting Pty. Ltd. has planned to outsource its administration base in order to increase their efficiency and cost cutting.
- OPERATORS OUTSOURCE TO CUT LABOR COSTS. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;5/22/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p102
The article reports that several restaurant operators relies on outsourced companies for services ranging from accounting to human resources management purchasing to reduce labor costs in the United States. Baker Bros.' way to manage overhead is to rely on outsourced menu planning, architectural...
- Can outsourcing cut costs? // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p5
Opinion. Presents views on the efficacy of outsourcing in cutting the organization's costs. Effects of outsourcing on the organizations; Concerns on cost-cutting.
- P&G GETS ENERGY COSTS SAVINGS USING ENERGYGATEWAY.COM. // Worldwide Energy;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Deals with the online procurement program of EnergyGateway.com used by Procter & Gamble company to execute its energy cost savings.
- 2009: Breaking through the clouds. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Dec2008, p22
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including "Services in the Spotlight," "Conferencing Tools Key to Cost-Savings," and "Businesses Eye Outsourcing During Slump."