- Credit Policy Helps Drive Satellite Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p33
The article reports that more strict credit policies have helped increase the subscribers of satellite TV providers EchoStar Communications and DirecTV Group in the U.S. Both EchoStar's Dish Network and DirecTV reported stronger-than-expected new subscriber additions. Dish Network added 295,000...
- DBS Pitches: MSOs Swine, Telcos Divine. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p1
Focuses on the strategy of DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in attracting news subscribers to their direct-broadcast satellite platforms as of November 2003. Increase in cable rates in the U.S. since 1998; Description of the anti-cable marketing promotion of EchoStar; Terms of the...
- DBS operators maintain solid growth. Hogan // Multichannel News;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p14
Focuses on the continued growth of direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) sales of both DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. Net new high-power customers of DirecTV as of September 1999; Installation numbers; EchoStar's claim that its fifth DBS satellite has reached its final orbit.
- Which satellite provider? // Consumer Reports;Dec99, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p26
Compares several satellite television providers. Echostar/Dish Network; DirecTV; Features of both services; Similarities between the two. INSET: Serving several sets with satellite.
- Cablers comfy with EchoStar. Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Variety;11/5/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 12, p8
Reports on issues on the merger of satellite television providers EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV. Uncertainty for the satellite business; Implications of the merger; Regulators to examine the deal.
- Satellite rivals appeal to Congress. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p30
Reports on DirecTV and EchoStar's efforts to influence satellite home viewer legislation that would permit local television stations via satellite under terms `competitive' to those offered by cable operators. Five key points that the companies intend to include in the legislation; Companies'...
- Satcasters poised to raise fees. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/27/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 16, p12
Satellite television giants DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. are set to raise the monthly prices for some of their most popular programming packages in the coming weeks because of higher programming costs. EchoStar will slightly raise prices on some of its program packages starting...
- New subs don't spell profit for EchoStar. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/7/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of subscribers of satellite broadcaster EchoStar Communications in the first quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Losses incurred during the period; Charges associated with early redemption of bonds.
- Satellite TV leaders poised to gain share. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;01/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the expected increase in market share of satellite networks DirecTV and EchoStar due to their offering of local television channels. Control of 12.5 per cent of the subscription television market; Increase in rate of price hikes in cable service; Attribution of cable rate increases...