High Stakes In Singapore
- Gauteng's casino slate full with Silverstar opening. Bannister, Roy // International Gaming & Wagering;May2008, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the developments surrounding Silverstar Casino in the Gauteng province in South Africa. The casino was opened to the public in the Muldersdrift area outside Johannesburg. The casino has been opened in phases to accommodate construction. Furthermore, the resort has been...
- Developer to I spend $750 million on luxury resort. McKee, David // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/17/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p2
Deals with the budget allotted for the development of Southern Highlands Casino-Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada in October 2005. Description of the resort; Importance of the casino to the economy of the state; Impact of the resort on the luxury industry in the region.
- Southwestern success. McQueen, Patricia A. // Casino Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p76
The article focuses on the development of Zia Park Black Gold Casino in Hobbs, New Mexico. It was built in stages, the first of which was the completion of the casino portion of the main building for its opening in November 2005. Added to that was a buffet, a steak house and a sports bar and...
- Home grown. Holtmann, Andy // Casino Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the development of Blue Sky Casino in French Lick, Indiana and the expansion of Blue Chip Casino in Michigan City. The Blue Sky Casino will feature 1000 slot machines and 25 table games. It will be operated by Don Barden's Majestic Star Casino. If the casino makes over...
- Resorts Worldï¿½Birmingham? // Casino International;May2011, p8
The article reports that Genting Casinos is closing three of its venues in England as it prepares to open Resorts World @ The NEC, a development with a casino, hotel, spa, and other facilities in Solihull near Birmingham, England.
- IN OTHER NEWS…. // International Gaming & Wagering;Jun2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
Offers news briefs related to the gambling industry in South America as of June 2006. Findings of a study on the popularity of lottery in Colombia; Attempts to build a casino complex in Rapa Nui, Chile.
- Long-stalled casino project catches Station's eye. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/8/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses issues related to a planned neighborhood casino on a land owned by Walter Weiss in Henderson, Nevada. The casino development, which is expected to take two years to complete, is slated to include a 10,000-square-foot bingo area, 30 table games and a 1,800 slot and video...
- Growth in gaming a good gamble. Yamada, Stefanie Hard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/26/2005, Issue 323444, p3
Reports on the growth of casinos in California. Establishment of new casino hotels in Fresno and Madera; Plan of expansion of hotel rooms and entertainment venues by already established casinos; Comments of Kent Buyers, public relations manager for Chukchansi, on the competition in the gambling...
- Novomatic opens Europe's largest sports betting casino. // Casino International;Apr2005, p6
Reports on the launch of the Casino Admiral Prater in Europe on March 18, 2005 which is timed to the opening of the Vienna Prater entertainment operations in the spring season. Opportunities offered by the entertainment centre; Architectural design of the casino; Amount of money invested in...