- An air-filled bladder. Huang, M-Y.; Tsai, W.; Chang, W-H. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p858
The article presents an image of a radiograph showing an abdomen with a large mass-like lesion in the pelvic region and an abdominal computed tomography (CT) scan showing distended air-filled urinary bladder.
- Internal medicine (clinical vignettes) & (research). // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS45
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A search for a new diagnostic sign in the physical assessment of the abdomen,' by M. Perk, D. Drachenberg et al from the Dalhousie University.
- Erratum to: RE: Doing What Comes Naturally. Henderson, Mark; Dhaliwal, Gurpreet; Jones, Stephen; Culbertson, Charles; Bowen, Judith // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1138
A correction to the article "Doing What Comes Naturally" that was published in a previous issue, is presented.
- Abstracts for GEER-Congreso in Tarragona, Spain, May 2014. // European Spine Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2226
The article presents abstracts related to medical topics, during the GEER-Congreso in Tarragona, Spain in May 2014, which include the posterolaterial endoscopic herniations of thoracic disc diagnosis, experimental study of cadavers, and induced vascular deprivation of rat's tail disc degeneration.
- Eruptive Widespread Papular Eruption on the Abdomen: A Quiz. Lentini, Maria; Schepis, Carmelo // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2011, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p108
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a patient with a 3-month history of a sudden widespread papular eruption on the abdomen is presented.
- Bowen's disease over the abdomen - A histological pigmented variety. Pai, V. V.; Hanumanthayya, K.; Naveen, K. N.; Rao, R.; Dinesh, U. S. // Indian Journal of Cancer;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p121
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a medical case of an 86-year-old woman with Bowen's disease over the abdomen.
- Failure to detect intra-abdominal metastases from breast cancer: a case for staging laparotomy. Thomas, J. Meiron; Redding, W.H.; Coombes, R.C.; Sloane, J.P.; Ford, H.T.; Gazet, J.C.; Powles, T.J. // British Medical Journal;7/15/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6131, p157
Assesses the accuracy of non invasive methods in detecting intra abdominal metastases from breast cancer. Comparison of the status of sites during presentation with metastases and necropsy; Rate of detection of liver and abdominal metastasis in laparotomy; Stage for consideration of pre...
- The importance of the abdominal X-radiograph in acute ulcerative colitis. Jethwa, K. D.; Green, M. R.; Balapatabendi, M. D. // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Education & Practice Edition;Oct2014, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p188
A test on the use of abdominal X-radiograph in a acute ulcerative colitis is presented.
- Giant Bladder Stones. Picozzi, Stefano; Macchi, Alberto; Carmignani, Luca // Urology Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1027
The article presents a case study of a 64-year old patient diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer with orthotopic bladder reconstruction after presented with abdominal discomfort.
- The enigma of primary and secondary encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis. Allam, Hisham; Al Yahri, Omer; Mathew, Sharon; Darweesh, Adham; Suliman, Ahmed Nafea; Abdelaziem, Sherif; Khairat, Mohamed; Toro, Adriana; Di Carlo, Isidoro // BMC Surgery;12/13/2016, Vol. 16, p1
Background: Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis (EPS) describes a variety of diseases that are frequently confused with different names and different etiopathogeneses. The aim of this article is to report personal experience of focusing on correct classification and the status of current...