Spectrum of gluten-sensitive enteropathy in first- degree relatives of patients with coeliac disease: clinical relevance of lymphocytic enteritis
- The changing face of coeliac disease. Mehta, Gautam; Taslaq, Samer; Littleford, Sarah; Bansi, Devinder Singh; Thillainayagam, Andrew // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Feb2008, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p84
Coeliac disease was considered to be a rare childhood affliction causing malabsorption and weight loss. It is now recognized to occur at any age with a range of non-specific manifestations including anaemia, recurrent miscarriages,
- Application of Extruded Maize Flour in Gluten-free Bread Formulations. Ozola, Laila; Straumite, Evita; Galoburda, Ruta; Klava, Dace // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;2012, Issue 64, p883
Celiac disease is an immune-mediated disease, triggered in genetically susceptible individuals by ingested gluten from wheat, rye, barley and other closely related cereal grains. The only effective treatment is a strict gluten free diet for life. Latvian producers do not offer gluten-free...
- Morphometric Analysis of Small-Bowel Mucosa in Turkish Children with Celiac Disease and Relationship with the Clinical Presentation and Laboratory Findings. Cuneyt Zihni; Murat Cakir; Murat Alkanat; Sema Aydogdu // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Sep2007, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p2133
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â We aimed to analyze morphometric features of the small-bowel mucosa in children with celiac disease, to assess the diagnostic limit values of morphometric findings, and to examine the association of morphometric findings with the clinical presentation and laboratory...
- Small bowel/nutrition free papers. // Gut;Apr2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 54, pA3
The article presents information on abstracts related to small bowel disease and nutrition. One abstract sheds light on the relation between adult Coeliac disease and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. Gluten exposure is the most common reason for continuing gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms in...
- Celiac Disease: Celiac Sprue, Gluten-sensitive Enteropathy. Gheller-Rigoni, Anita I.; Yale, Steven H.; Abdulkarim, Ahmad S. // Clinical Medicine & Research;Feb2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p71
Provides information on celiac disease (CD) or gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Pathophysiology of CD; Common presentation of CD; Diagnostic study of choice in CD.
- La enfermedad celiaca en los niÃ±os. Sotelo-Cruz, Norberto; Calderón de la Barca, Ana María // Revista Mexicana de Pediatria;nov/dic2012, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p281
Celiac disease is it an autoimmune disease caused by a permanent sensibility at gluten of wheat proteins and others like proteins, contents in rye, barley and oats, is necessary a genetic susceptibility. The clinical manifestation occurs during gluten introduction in the diet and includes:...
- Celiac Sprue in Down's Syndrome: Considerations on a Pathogenetic Link. Nowak, Thomas V.; Ghishan, Fayez K.; Schulze-Delrieu, Konrad // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1983, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p280
The association of celiac disease with Down's syndrome is described in two patients who presented with features of the malabsorption syndrome. The diagnosis was readily made by peroral jejunal mucosal biopsy. Both patients responded clinically to dietary gluten withdrawal and one patient...
- what's really causing your upset stomach. // Shape;Sep2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p104
The author reports on celiac disease. The symptoms of celiac disease are mentioned, including bloating, chronic fatigue and joint pain. According to the article, a cure for celiac disease does not exist. Recommendations on the types of food which patients with celiac disease should eat are...
- Celiac Disease Goes Underdiagnosed. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p8
Presents information on celiac disease. Symptoms of the disease; Diagnosis and management of celiac disease; Suggestions for people diagnosed with the disease.