OPEN REDUCTION AND INTERNAL FIXATION COMPARED WITH CIRCULAR FIXATOR APPLICATION FOR BICONDYLAR TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURES
- Cervical myelopathy due to single level prolapsed disc and spondylosis: a comparative study on outcome between two groups. Jong-Seon Ryu; Jong-Woo Chae; Woo-Jin Cho; Han Chang; Myung-Sang Moon; Sung-Soo Kim // International Orthopaedics;Oct2010, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1011
This article describes a retrospective study on myelopathy, induced by monosegmental prolapsed disc and spondylosis. To assess pre- and postoperative clinical and radiological findings related to myelopathy, and factors influencing the outcome, 20 disc herniation (group A) and 11 spondylosis...
- OSTEOARTHRITIS (DEGENERATIVE JOINT DISEASE). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov64 Part 2, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p27
Describes the degenerative joint disease also called osteoarthritis. Definitions; Prevalence; Clinical aspects; Etiology and pathogenesis; Laboratory studies; Treatment.
- Dealing with osteoarthritis and a slow-healing collarbone. Matheny, Fred // Bicycling;Apr98, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p54
Deals with several health-related concerns of bicyclists. Link between cervical spondylosis and cycling and a vegetarian diet; Suggestions for slow-healing clavicle fracture.
- The impact of waiting for total joint replacement on pain and functional status: a systematic review. // Advances in Orthopaedics;Jun2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p74
In this systematic review, the authors assessed determinants of changes in pain and functioning in patients with osteoarthritis awaiting total joint arthroplasty.
- Practical Matters. Luck, David; Root, Margaret V. // Veterinary Medicine;Dec2008, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p642
The article offers information on the implication of the proactive hip wellness program to dogs which have hip dysplasia in the U.S. It is a treatment that would attempt to modify the course of dysplasia toward normalcy at an early age that could result in little if any osteoarthritis during the...
- Guiding Users to Quality Information about Osteoarthritis on the Internet: A Pilot Study. Dragan Ilic; Stephen Maloney; Sally Green // Telemedicine & e-Health;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p703
This pilot study explored the feasibility of and user satisfaction with an Internet User's Guide(IUG) to assist patients in sourcing relevant, valid information about osteoarthritis on the Internet.Twelve people with osteoarthritis participated in focus groups that involved searchingthe Internet...
- Self-Reported Functional Status as Predictor of Observed Functional Capacity in Subjects with Early Osteoarthritis of the Hip and Knee: A Diagnostic Study in the CHECK Cohort. Bieleman, H. J.; Reneman, M. F.; Van Ittersum, M. W.; Van der Schans, C. P.; Groothoff, J. W.; Oosterveld, F. G. J. // Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation;Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p345
Objectives Patients with hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA) may experience functional limitations in work settings. In the Cohort Hip and Cohort Knee study (CHECK) physical function was both self-reported and measured performance-based, using Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE). Relations between...
- Phase 1, placebo-controlled, dose escalation trial of chicory root extract in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. Olsen, Nancy J.; Branch, Valerie K.; Jonnala, Geetha; Seskar, Mira; Cooper, Melisa // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2010, Vol. 11, p156
Background: Extracts of chicory root have anti-inflammatory properties in vitro and in animal models of arthritis. The primary objective of this investigator-initiated, Phase 1, placebo-controlled, double blind, dose-escalating trial was to determine the safety and tolerability of a proprietary...
- Osteoarthritis. McGrory, James E. // Hughston Health Alert;Fall2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the myths and realities about osteoarthritis. Affecting 21 million U.S. citizens, it is one of the most common forms of arthritis in the U.S. Arthritis and related conditions such as osteoarthritis cost the U.S. economy nearly 86 billion dollars per year in medical care and...