A small company makes big gains implementing lean
- Tracking progress and keeping score. Rector, Bruce // Buffalo Law Journal;4/2/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 27, p3
In this article the author reflects upon the importance for businesses to measure progress and keeping score for motivating teams and attainment of goals.
- Change the Conversation. Valenti, Matt // People & Strategy;2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The author discusses the need for human resources (HR) to establish the nature of the relationship between employee engagement and strategy. He notes that HR departments have the tendency to define the success of employee engagement on response rates, benchmarking, and linkage analysis. He cites...
- Creating brand champions. Botton, Simon // Finweek;8/24/2006, p87
The article reports on the importance of creating corporate branding in order to identify the negative attitude of employees. According to the study of Research for Enterprise, a branding and identity agency found that in the average company only 29 perent of employees are brand champions. The...
- Think and Act Positively. Libin, Richard F. // Ward's Dealer Business;Apr2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on how automobile dealers should manage their dealership through economic downturn in the U.S. It is essential for the industry to generate a booming economy, with a refusal to adopt a mind set that will take the business backwards. Another is to return to the...
- Involving staff can be one of the first steps toward growing an organization. Gage, Kathleen // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/6/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p12
Deals with the need for business owners and managers to involve staff in business administration in order to achieve growth. Indication of a continual focus on improving business on an ongoing basis; Key to employee participation in administration; Way to illicit employee input.
- Spa Days and Office Beers Won't Solve Your Bank's Talent Problem. Elliot Powell, Meridith // American Banker;8/28/2015, Vol. 180 Issue F333, p1
The article offers several strategies that companies need to focus on to cultivate an engaged employee's commitment and emotional connection with his company and his job. These include helping workers understand the company's vision and their role within it, asking help from the employees to...
- German study shows negative effect of supervision. // Personnel Today;5/10/2005, p6
The article presents information on a study which determines the effect of supervision in various business enterprises. The study shows that bosses who regularly vet and check their employees' work are punished with under-performance, whereas employees given a free hand perform much better. The...
- Playing to win. Shanahan, Mike; Schefter, Adam // Finance Week;09/17/99, p39
Discusses the winning strategies of United States football coach Mike Shanahan and its applications to business planning. Emulation of winners' behavior, techniques and routines; Components of perseverance; Relation of success to work ethics.
- Keep An Eye Out For Sharks. Nicholson, Terry // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/15/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 16, p17
Presents the author's opinions on strategies for effective business planning. Views on strategies that must be adopted by business enterprises to keep employees motivated; Discussion on the importance of setting organizational goals; Views on the importance of teamwork to achieve business goals.