Does Six Sigma have a place in this brave new world?
- SIX SIGMA SAVES COMPANIES MILLIONS. // Quality;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the implementation of Six Sigma initiatives by companies to reduce costs in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Elimination of ineffective process steps through the Six Sigma programs; Tips for implementing Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma? No Thanks. Dalgleish, Scott // Quality;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p22
Comments on the disadvantages of the Six Sigma initiative for companies in the U.S. Difficulty of developing a quality systems that shows significant results; Benefits of a quality techniques; Negative effects of Six Sigma on the quality profession.
- People. Rieker, Matthias; Boraks, David; Davenport, Todd // American Banker;2/13/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 30, p2
The article presents news related to the financial services industry in the U.S. as of February 13, 2004. Bank of America Corp. chief Ken Lewis while addressing the American Society for Quality spoke on Six sigma process improvement techniques, which he says are "contributing to a revolution" in...
- Supporting Best Practices and Standards for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. Soomro, Tariq Rahim; Hesson, Mihyar // Journal of Computer Science;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p272
Problem statement: There are several IT best practices and IT standards, which are independently supporting enterprises. Some of them have similarities and other differ from each other. This study discusses these best practices and standards in contrast with ITIL. Approach: CMMI, CobiT, eTOM,...
- Six Sigma is Legit. Williams, Thomas A. // Quality;Mar2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p6
Editorial. Focuses on the concept of Six Sigma in the U.S. Usefulness of quality system in business enterprises; Benefits of ISO 9000 for companies; Skepticism on the quality control standard.
- How To Achieve MC[SUP2]. // Quality Progress;Nov2003, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p67
Focuses on ways to achieve six sigma quality control standard for business enterprises. Overview of the measurement of process capability and performance levels; Assessment of financial and customer benefits of the initiative; Appraisal of costs involved.
- Six Sigma: A False God? Phillips-Donaldson, Debbie // Quality Progress;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the roots of the accounting scandals involving Enron and WorldCom in the U.S. Application of quality tools to help track financial results and governance metrics; Importance of the Six Sigma quality standards in the business world; Complaints about the amount of Six Sigma coverage.
- Six Sigma Management Process, Furnishes Fuel For Improvement. Uzzi, John A. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the concept of Six Sigma, a quality control standard in the U.S. Benefits of the standard for the companies; Standard features; Goals of management practice. INSET: About Sigma.
- Executive Briefs. // Quality Management Journal;2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
Presents abstracts on quality management. Promotion of customer satisfaction through the application of Six Sigma in the automobile industry; Analysis of the framework for analyzing the performance analysis of three popular root cause analysis; Applicability of the SERVQUAL survey instrument,...