- Green Bigots Versus Human Beings. Sowell, Thomas // Human Events;06/04/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p10
Criticizes the environmentalists in the United States who chose to protect endangered species over human beings. Information on environmentalists who saved the habitats of red-legged frogs by stopping the construction of a housing project; Role of environmentalists in the energy crisis in...
- TRANSITIONS. // American Forests;Spring2001, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the awards received by several foresters and environmentalists in the United States. Award given to forester Norman Lacasse for his community service; Award received by Henry Diamond from The Conservation Fund, Eastman Kodak Co. and the National Geographic Society; Award received by...
- Spirit of curiosity. Haythorpe, Gregg // Australian Geographic;Sep/Oct2012, Issue 110, p105
The article reports on the Australian Geographic (AG) Society awards which honored conservationists and adventurers.
- People Who Make a Difference. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul88, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p30
Introduces the achievements of the following conservationists to nature conservation in the United States. Marjorie Smigel, for her role in the passage of the first health and environmental safeguard law; Jim Murray, for his development of non-point pollution control method in Michigan; Ila...
- TALK of the TRAIL. Graham Jr., Frank // Audubon;Jan1990, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p8
Looks at developments relating to environmental protection as of January 1990. Inclusion of the National Audubon Society's provision of information about the relationship between population growth and environmental quality; National Arboretum's plan to create a Carl Buchheister National Bird...
- Baja's beleaguered beaches. Moats, Tony // Earth Island Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the opposition of Mexican and U.S. conservation groups to the Escalera NÃ¡utica project in Baja California, Mexico. Details of the project; Reasons for the opposition to the project; Primary goal of the project.
- Great Blue Heron With Clipped-Off Head. Finkeldey, Philip // Conservationist;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p48
Presents the observations of a subscriber of the magazine 'The Conservationist,' on the placement of the subscribers' address sticker on the magazine.
- Alaska's All-Star Activist. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p63
Features environmental conservationist Peg Tileston of Alaska. Career background of Tileston; Her involvement with Alaska's conservation community; Achievements.
- Conservation-tillage gains importance. Yency Jr., Cecll H. // Southeast Farm Press;9/1/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p14
In agriculture, conservation-till age is a foundational practice, but not all conservation-tillage is the same, says Lane Price, North Carolina assistant state conservationist for technology. In fact, in North Carolina, some farmers are getting a glimpse of things to come. Conservation-tillage,...