The Land Trust Alliance's New Accreditation Program
- Group steps up effort to preserve land. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/15/98, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p26
Presents information concerning the Chagrin Valley Land Conservancy nonprofit land trust in Cleveland, Ohio, with reference to the 168,000-acre Chagrin River watershed. Emphasis on the need to preserve 300 acres of land; Number of conservation easements that the nonprofit land trust has...
- Trust Me. Ross, Nicola // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 25 Issue 156, p14
Encourages the creation of land trusts in Canada. Why Canadians are not interested in land trusts; Various kinds of land trusts; Effects of a conservation easement on landowners.
- HIKING BEYOND THE TRAILS. MURRI, JESSICA // Boise Weekly;1/7/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p21
No abstract available.
- Land trust provides options to landowners. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);11/24/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, pB7
Explores the efforts of Inland Northwest Land Trust to help private property owners to protect their lands in Washington and Idaho. Role of the trust in creating a conservation easement; Acquisition partnerships used by the trust to team up with government and private entities to help buy and...
- Keep Land For Farming With Conservation Easements. // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;12/1/2011, p3
The article discusses the conservation easement to keep land for farming. It states that the conservation easement is a voluntary agreement between a land trust and a landowner. It says that the landowner gives the conservation easement to the land trust and in turn, the landowner benefits from...
- PROTECTING THE PUBLIC BENEFIT: CRAFTING PRECEDENT FOR CITIZEN ENFORCEMENT OF CONSERVATION EASEMENTS. Ociepka, Sean P. // Maine Law Review;2006, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p226
The article discusses the "conservation easement" concept in the U.S. The conservation easement is defined as the national government's legal tool that will be used to ensure land conservation and protection in the height of economic development activities in an area. It has been reported that...
- A Landscape of Cultural Patrimony. MIDDLETON, BETH ROSE // Caribbean Quarterly;Jun2014, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p29
An essay is presented on legal cultural conservation options for the Garifuna people on the Caribbean island of Balliceaux in response to foreign investors interested in developing and building a tourist resort. Topics discussed include conservation by the National Trust organization, land...
- What Are Landowners and Land Trusts Trying to Preserve with Conservation Easements? A Simultaneous Examination of Buyers and Sellers. Keske, Catherine; Hoag, Dana; Bastian, Chris; Miller, Ashley; McLeod, Donald // Journal of Agricultural & Resource Economics;Dec2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p559
What motivates some landowners to donate land for preservation while others require financial compensation? Using qualitative research and a random utility model, we evaluate both the supply and the demand side in the market for private land preservation, focusing specifically on the supply and...
- Ways to preserve garden space Â· pros and cons. // Community Greening Review;2004/2005 Special Edition, Vol. 13, p110
Details the advantages and disadvantages of several ways of preserving and securing garden space. Transfer to city parks; Land trusts; Conservation easements; Long-term leases.