New Legislation Affects Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- NYC Deferred plan seeks managers. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;07/12/99, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p2
Reports that the New York City Deferred Compensation Plan is searching for new investment managers as of July 12, 1999.
- Missouri State To Consider Fixed Income. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;8/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the plan of the board for the Missouri State Deferred Compensation Plan to consider an internal proposal to launch a search for a money manager to handle a fixed-income mandate in December 2001.
- Plan a relief route. Jelley, Colin // Money Marketing;6/4/2009, p43
The article discusses the importance of careful financial advice in attaining a high earned pension tax relief in Great Britain. The author asserts that the new ruled introduced could generate complexities in financial planning that could affect income limitations and rate of tax relief. The...
- Phil Wickenden: Tax is big news. Wickenden, Phil // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/9/2015, p31
The article focuses on the taxation which is an increasingly concern in terms of financial planning. Topics discussed include taxation aspects in relation with pension death benefits, reduction of strain of financial capital, and financial advisers' belief that tax minimisation plays an...
- Mining 401(k) Gold. Liebrock, David // Financial Planning;Sep2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p101
The article offers advice for financial advisors on building a 401(k) business at small- and mid-sized companies. Financial advisors are key to helping employers meet their fiduciary responsibilities to plan participants. Advisors should realize that they already have 401(k) prospects in their...
- Small-Plan Market Can Be Big Opportunity. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p97
The article reports on a survey which uncovered some information about how advisers view the micro and small-plan 401(k) market. It was found that time and resource management were named as key challenges to participating in the multi-billion dollar micro- to small-plan retirement market. Nearly...
- Simplifying Retirement Plan Distributions: Reviewing the "Newest" Required Minimum Distributions Rules. Brinker Jr., Thomas M.; Brenner, Andrew P. // National Public Accountant;Jul2003, p24
Deals with the required minimum distribution rules developed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to defeat unlimited tax-deferred accumulation. Basis for the minimum distribution of retirement plans; Retirement plans in which the rules can be applied; Calculation of the required minimum...
- Accounting Solutions. Holgate, Peter; Gaull, Michael; McCallion, Helen // Accountancy;Jul2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1307, p100
This article presents accounting solutions to problems stating a few examples to a query that, a company with a June 2002 year end, is implementing Financial Recording Standard (FRS)19, Deferred tax; for the first time in its 2002 annual accounts. It has a portfolio of investment properties...
- NY Deferred Comp Hires Three for GICs. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p3
Reports that the New York State Deferred Compensation Board has selected three money managers to take over its guaranteed investment contracts.