- It's Not What You Make that Counts, Its What You Keep. Messuri, Phil // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2005, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p34
Offers pieces of advice on retirement funds. Selection of individual retirement account plans; Specifics of a retirement plan; Purpose of a defined benefit plan.
- Employees and employers both benefit from 1165(e) plans. Chavez, Rodrigo Lopez // Caribbean Business;12/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p30
Enumerates the advantages of 1165(e) retirement plans for employees in Puerto Rico. Employees' contribution with pre-tax money; Tax-free growth of all employer contributions and capital growth; Movement of contributions from one company's plans to another company's plan; Protection of the...
- The ABCs of retirement planning. // Caribbean Business;12/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p32
Presents basic information on retirement planning for Puerto Rico residents. Maximum contributable amount allowed for individual retirement accounts (IRA); Option of making contributions to nondeductible IRA; 1165(e) plans.
- 1165(e): a powerful tool for the future. // Caribbean Business;12/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p34
Focuses on 1165(e) retirement plans in Puerto Rico. Definition of 1165(e) plans as unique retirement plans directed by an employer and made up of contributions by the employer and the employee; Possibility for employees to determine and control periodic contributions; Importance of retirement...
- 6 secrets of successful retirees. Daugherty, Greg // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
The article synthesizes data from a reader survey polling retirees and offers advice to people planning retirement based on this information. Topics covered include the value of a defined benefit pension plan, thriftiness, maximizing 401(k) contributions while employed, and the importance of...
- Why All The Fuss. Shemtob, Mark // Sum News;Summer I 2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p22
Discusses cash balance retirement plans. Fundamentals of cash balance plan; Effect of converting traditional defined benefit plans to cash balance plans; Issues involved in the controversy regarding conversion.
- 7 Cardinal Rules to Retirement Planning. Edwards, Carl // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses 7 important rules regarding retirement planning. Topics discussed include making investments in the most tax-efficient manner, completing detailed analysis of cash flow and utilization of longevity planning. Other topics include considering the effects of inflation on...
- Is Early Retirement Going the Way of the Dodo Bird?... // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p24
This article reports on a survey by John Hancock Financial Services of defined-contribution plans in the U.S., as of October 2004. The average age at which people said they expected to retire rose to 64.4, versus age 61 in the 2002 survey and age 60 in 1995. Nearly 18 percent of respondents said...
- BEST practices. Bryen, Bruce // Dental Practice Report;Mar2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
The article presents tips on how dentists in the U.S. can customize their retirement plans. Dentists can use employer-sponsored retirement plans to maximize their wealth. Defined benefit plan, 401(k), pension plan or profit-sharing plan can be amended to increase retirement benefits and current...