20 Ways to Keep Your Practice Growing
- Pharmacy business apps can boost profits. Galdo, Jake // Drug Topics;Jun2012, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on pharmacy business applications and discusses its benefits including its potential to boost profits. It informs on three major categories related to applications for tablets which include patient education, clinical practice, and business organization. It focuses on those...
- Education as Prescription for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Compliance and Efficacy in Clinical Practice. Mi Yeon Kim; Sunghwan Suh; Sang-Man Jin; Se Won Kim; Ji Cheol Bae; Kyu Yeon Hur; Sung Hye Kim; Mi Yong Rha; Young Yun Cho; Myung-Shik Lee; Moon Kyu Lee; Kwang-Won Kim; Jae Hyeon Kim // Diabetes & Metabolism Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p452
Background: Diabetes self-management education has an important role in diabetes management. The efficacy of education has been proven in several randomized trials. However, the status of diabetes education programs in real Korean clinical practice has not yet been evaluated in terms of patient...
- Patient Profiling. Jewell, Kirsten // Canadian Journal of General Internal Medicine;Winter2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p137
In this article, the author reflects on the importance of patient profiling in medical practices and in making clinical decisions. According to the author, personal details may be regarded as irrelevant in medical history but doctors should patiently listen to patients and should also treat them...
- Yokel Bites the Big Apple. Vickers, Montgomery // Review of Optometry;05/15/2000, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p23
Compares the characteristics of small-town eye doctors and big-city eye doctor based on the experiences of the author in New York, New York. Interest of town doctors toward demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment; Level of participation during forums and conventions; Differences lifestyle...
- Paperless Practice. Kelly, Joyce // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2001, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the adoption of an electronic physician practice at the Northwest Diagnostic Clinic in Cedar Park, Texas. Benefits of the approach; Popular application of the technology.
- Otolaryngology in Atlantic Canada: Practitioners' Perspectives. Pelausa, Edilberto O. // Journal of Otolaryngology;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
Objective: A survey was conducted to assess practice conditions in Atlantic Canada for 1996. Method: Otolaryngologists in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland/Labrador with at least 1 year of practice experience in the area were canvassed regarding general work...
- Taking medical histories through interpreters: practice in a Nigerian outpatient department. Launer, John // British Medical Journal;9/30/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6142, p934
Investigates the medical practice in an outpatient department through interpreters in Nigeria. Failure of interpreters to provide word-for-word translations on the statement of the doctor or patient; Assessment on the deviations from the interpretation; Inclination of interpreters to conduct...
- Family doctors: their choice of practice strategy. Bosanquet, Nick; Leese, Brenda // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/13/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6548, p667
Examines the practice decisions of family doctors in the north of England. Influence of economic conditions on practice strategy; Factors affecting primary care innovation; Details on the implementation of primary care professionals standards.
- MINERVA. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/28/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6865, p1374
Relates the several experiences of the physicians in clinical practices. Principles of family medicine; Factors influencing the delayed of house calls; Role of the government in improving the medical experiences of the medical students.