Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½
- News in Brief. // Research Information;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 60, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. A deal to purchase the publishing house Birkbauser, which declared insolvency in March of this year, has been signed by De Gruyter. CrossMark update identification service has been launched by CrossRef to alert researchers to...
- Pearson book publishing sales hit $1.8 billion in 1997. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/30/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p17
Focuses on Pearson's acquisition spree in 1996 and the increase in book publishing sales in 1997 that it experienced as a result. Pearson's March 1996 purchase of the HarperCollins Educational group; Pearson's December 1996 acquisition of Putnam; How the sales and profit increase for Pearson...
- Pearson Edn. results boosted by S&S purchase. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the sales performance of the Education Group of publishing firm Pearson in 1998. Rate of sales increase; Total sales; Profits from Simon & Schuster which it acquired in 1998; Market performance in countries other than the United States.
- Pearson plc. // B to B;11/11/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on London, England-based publishers Pearson PLC. Assumption of the company regarding the advertisement market for the daily 'Financial Times'; Programs being developed by the company; Revenue of the company in 2001.
- Publishers Benefit from Past Adoptions in Texas. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the benefits for educational publishers who participated in previous adoptions in Texas. It states that the residual sales of 93.8 million dollars was generated from the sale of replacement and additional materials for the publishers. It highlights the publishers which...
- Pearson Eyes Digital in 2012. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article presents the expectation from education publisher and service provider Pearson PLC for a continued revenue growth in its digital school programs and services in 2012 in the U.S. Pearson chief executive Marjorie Scardino says that company-wide digital revenue was accounted for 33% of...
- ProQuest I&L Cuts Staff Amid Accounting Review. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the elimination of around 40 to 50 employees from the Information and Learning division of Ann Arbor, Michigan-based ProQuest. The company's total work force decreased about 5 percent as a result from the move. ProQuest would likely restate its financials to reduce...
- ProQuest Acquires ebrary. // Information Standards Quarterly;Spring2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p45
The article reports on the acquisition of the electronic book provider ebrary Inc. by the publishing firm ProQuest LLC in the U.S.
- Full text of EBL catalogue discoverable in Summon. // Research Information;Jun/Jul2014, Issue 72, p24
The article reports on the move of publishing company ProQuest, indexing the full text of the catalogue of EBL-Ebook Library in its Summon discovery service.