College Publishers in the Red in October with $11.8M Net Sales Loss
- College Textbook Net Sales Improve 7.9% in April. // Educational Marketer;6/25/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the improvement in the net sales of college textbooks in April 2007 in the U.S. It states that net sales which amounted to $14.1 million were up 7.9% from $13.1 million in 2006. It adds that returns grew 2.25 to $134.8 million, a growth-rate almost on par with the 2.7%...
- At Start Of 2005, U.S. College Net Sales Decline 4% To $210.3M. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the decline in the net sales of college publishers in the U.S. in January and February 2005. Percentage of the decrease; Net sales; Total returns.
- Returns flood no big deal for academic presses. Roxborough, David // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p23
Reports the impact of the rate returns on academic presses in Canada.
- Penton sale could clear out company's debt. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the possible sale of Cleveland-based publishing, trade show and online media company Penton Media Inc. The company is carrying $317 million in debt. It had a net loss of $8.4 million last year. Penton could sell for $408 million to $530 million. The company is still a key...
- U.S. College Textbook Sales Decline 6.2% In Q1 To $174.7 Million. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the sales decline on college textbooks in the U.S. Continuous returns of college textbooks experienced by the publishers; Forecast of slight improvements in sales.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 18, p12
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. Amazon has filed suit in New York challenging the constitutionality of the state's newly signed measure requiring out-of-state online retailers to collect sales tax on purchases made by residents of the state. Quebecor World reported a...
- Letter to the Editor. Irvin, Kay // Progressive;Aug86, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the ban of monthly publications in the University of Wisconsin.
- Higher Education Endowments Rise in FY04. // Presidency;Winter2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Reports on an increase in the average return rate of college and university endowments for fiscal year 2004. Percentage of the increase; Number of institutions in the U.S. and Canada surveyed for the endowments; Source of funds for both independent and public institutions.
- ROI Rules in B-to-B. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;Aug2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the emergence of the integrated franchise in business-to-business (B-to-B) publishing in the U.S. Background on the focus of training for advertising sales representatives in the 1970s; Strategy used by publishers in improving rate of return; Significance of a good return on...