Merger Bankers Keep Eye Trained on the Middle Market
- Entreprises non cotÃ©es et diffÃ©rence d'Ã©valuation entre LBO et M&A. Mnejja, Anis; Sahut, Jean-Michel; Teulon, Frédérid // Gestion 2000;nov/dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p93
In the 1990's, financial buyers have consistently paid their acquisitions cheaper than strategic buyers did (Butler 2001). In this study, we seek to establish the existence of a discount premium applied by financial buyers. Using a novel data of 220 private LBO and merger-acquisitions (M&A)...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p16
Presents charts and graph and depicting private equity fund raising in the U.S. as of April 25, 2005. Venture capital funds; Buyout/Mezzanine funds; Top advisers on target leveraged buyouts.
- Well-Heeled PE Firms Bet On Heavy Deal Flow in 2007. Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p43
The article presents an outlook for large and middle-market private equity deals in the U.S. Deal professionals expect the first half of 2007, in particular, to be as busy as ever. Every deal that is going to be closed in the first half of 2007 is already in the works. The first half of 2007 is...
- LBO Deals Continue: To Drive Middle Market. Hahn, Avital Loria // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/7/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the increase of private equity share of middle-market Mergers&Acquisitions to at least 21 percent. It explains that the easy financing that has been driving such as the $32 billion buyout of HCA has made a dramatic impact on the middle market and on the overall market....
- LBOs: Questions for the board. Bruner, Robert F. // Directors & Boards;2007 1st Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p16
The article relates the author's view on the growth of leveraged buyouts in public companies in the U.S. He stated that due to private equity investing and leveraged buyouts, cash flows, asset utilization and returns has increased. He offers several principles concerning the $360 billion...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p16
Presents charts of all private equity fundraising in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2003. Private equity fundraising; U.S. fundraising; Fundraising by fund size; Top advisers on U.S. target LBOs; Top advisers global LBOs.
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/9/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p20
Presents charts and graph depicting the investments in private equity in the U.S. as of May 2, 2005. Private equity fund raising by state or region; Fund raising by fund size; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/5/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p16
Presents charts on private equity fund raising by state/regions in the U.S. as of March 29, 2004. U.S. fund raising; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Top advisers global LBOs.
- Intelligently working capital Sometimes beggars CAN be choosers. Feighan, Brian // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the growth of leveraged buyout (LBO) activity in Europe. The growth has resulted an intense competition for suitable buyout targets. Private equity firms compete with trade buyers and hedge funds for the most prized assets. There is no shortage of capital available to the...